New instrument faces *Available NOW!!*

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Dead easy to fit. I will supply instructions anyway.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

thats a huge improvement! i hate the dull orangey looking dash.

Just a question, font and design wise, have you seen the new Colt dash gauge faces? :drool: as soon as i saw it i wanted it in my starion
_

Post by hcca »

Just had a look at it then.. not sure if I like the font myself. I could do it, but I would need some reasonably high quality images to go from.

Just playing around with a white face with red behind it - it may shine through a little under lights, but I think it should actually look pretty cool - white during the day, then red (or blue) glow at night with brighter numbers.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

love it, ill definatley be up for a set, now i just have to figure out what colour to get, i think white face with blue numbers woudl look pretty fkn sweet.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Yeah, same as CussCuss for me too :)

White with blue numpers. If the guage glows blue at night, thats pretty sweet, Id be happy with that.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I think you're going to be making a bit of money off this. :drool: ..money
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

hcca wrote:Just had a look at it then.. not sure if I like the font myself. I could do it, but I would need some reasonably high quality images to go from.

Just playing around with a white face with red behind it - it may shine through a little under lights, but I think it should actually look pretty cool - white during the day, then red (or blue) glow at night with brighter numbers.
you are da man. i dont mind a little colour shining through. i was after a reddish glow anywho. You could always brighten up the underneath colour with coloured bulbs or led's. The blue would be the brightest and clearest.
did you see the transparent dials posted awhile ago??
Maybe you could try a font like the one found on the new integra type r dials, nice clear numbers with a cartoon kinda look. ( i think)
- el schmicko detailer -
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Not really.. they're not super cheap, plus there's a fair bit of labour. In fact, I have to find some money to get them cut in the first place :)

I will probably run a discount for the first batch.
Last edited by hcca on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

ah working on starions = labour of love :luv
custom work on starion = :drool:
- el schmicko detailer -
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

bump up the price then, these are about 1/4 of the price ive ever seen for anything like this.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

yeah man, i have (hopefully ) 3 sets of guages that will need new faces....

you should only do it if you are gonna make good money cos it would suck if you made a few sets then decided it wasnt worth the time or hassle cos you were trying to cut us a good deal...

as cusscuss said, they can be four times the price at the shops....
oz, here i come....
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Personally I think the shop ones are way overpriced. I'd also like to help you guys out a bit - you've all helped me along the way! :)
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Oh yeah.. you want shiny or non-shiny backings? That one in the picture is a flat orangey-red colour. I didn't like it when it was on the cutter, but I actually think it looks quite good in the cluster :)

There's gold and silver and stuff like that too.. probably be a bit scary for an instrument cluster though!
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I dont want to get too carried away, but thought I should ask.

Is it possible to have the design laser cut in to polished stainless steel, and have blue vinyl on the back. So its silver with black/blue numbers during the day, and blue numbers at night??

If you can, Id pay good $$$ for that. Car theme is going to be blue and polished steel - so it'd be sooo perfect.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Theoretically it's possible.. don't know at what cost though - the files I have I guess should work on any type of cutter. I would have to find someone who does laser cutting. It's a good idea though - i'll look into it. One problem with this that I can think of is the little bits in the middle of the 8's, 6's and 4's etc.. how do you get them to stay there?

From a legal point of view (even though i'm sure that's not a concern :)), shiny bits in front of the driver will make it unroadworthy even though it would look good.