Just a coupla photos to pass the time away

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

WANTSOM wrote:but Kelfy wants anodised blue stick-on chequer plate
A couple of years ago when I first met Kelfy he had a lovely set of shiny plastic chequer plate floor mats in his staz :puke

Now before you get too excited they were an xmas present from the McSab. He hated them and I quote "I HAD to put them in the car" LOL
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

CussCuss wrote:so what is the go with the chequer plate? cooks has it aswell
i gather it servers a purpose, im thinking of getting rid of interior and carpet so is it just to keep your feet a bit higher?
oh and what seat are you using?
Gets the feet a bit higher. The pedals sit higher than standard.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

aaah the new pedal box, i didnt think there was that much carpet and crap on the floor.

So whats the go with wiring etc, is there any hidden under the carpet that will be exposed when it comes out?, i guess the rear window demister is the only thing that will be in the rear of the car that ill need a wire running from front to back.
Coltfiction
Dorifto!

Post by Coltfiction »

Hey i seen that race one at 'Premier Auto' in Mt Druitt, nsw. Dave at there said it was a customers named Greg. If your out there Greg can you tell me more about your beast, hp? setup? work thats done? Im just curious cause it looked awesome dude, well done :wink:
=FSA= 'Performance Tuning'

-Microtech's fitted & tuned
-Advanced ignition systems
-Turbocharger upgrades/rebuilds

Post by fr335tyl3r »

greg is WANTSOM...hey greg, u still having problems with the boosting or did it get all fixed up with the 3 wisemens visit?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Cuss Cuss, there is plenty of wiring to come out from the back. Just leave your fuel pump, brake rear lights and blinkers. All the speaker wires and useless crap can come out. On the JB the electric window wiring and console stuff runs midship across the floor under the carpet. JAs sont seem to follow the same route.

Coltfiction, yes I am Wantsom and its my car. Dave was trying to tune it (to no avail). numerous gremlins in the ECU setup which Merlin, MRB1 and Cookie and me are now sorting out.

The car is running a DASH motor with Haltech and intercooler. Turbo is hi flowed TC06 and split pulse manifold. Power/torque not available yet due to tuning issues per above. Hopefully soon. Previous owner of the motor "claimed" 150kw atw but that should be taken with a grain of salt. I'll wait and see for myself when we get it finally sorted and running properly,

What else- 4 spot brakes with pedal box and bias, bigger rotors, Noltec adjustable suspension, Supra box, LSD, and all the usual gear. Game plan is to use it in Supersprints next year with Cookie (check out his webpage for his car - pretty cool). We're both sort of developing these things together.

Happy to talk to you about it if you want to give me a call on 0418 693 024. Dave mentioned to me there was one of his customers looking for a Starion to set up as a track/club car. Was that you?

Cheers dude, give us a call.
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Coltfiction
Dorifto!

Post by Coltfiction »

Awesome :drool: Yeah that was me and my bud 'Maher'. We found a doner 84 JA starion with 122000kms, reco cyclone motor and drives really good, cost $1000 and just put 12months on her today. Good buy? Question, where did you get that front dam and rear wing/spoiler? Cause i know its hard to get the genuine stuff but what you had is perfect anyways and would clean this old JA up a tad bit. Maher or i will contact you in tha future for a chat, good stuff dude!!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

having a quick look that front bar on the race car is either a coltspeed or a JD bar (cant tell...too tired) and the rear is a 3 piece spoiler which came standard on some cars and we are working on getting more imported.

lol u shud be on one of those late night call shows greg "call me, call me now ":D
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

The front bar is from Coltspeed. The rear is from Aerotech in New Zealand.

Maries silver car has the Aerotech front and rear spoilers. The Aerotech front botlts up under the standard JA bar. The Coltspeed one is an integrated bumper/spoiler.

I went for the Coltspeed one for the track car as it is a fair bit lighter overall when fitted.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

hey greg how much did the colt speed one cost ya? i want to get one for my staz.
Coltfiction
Dorifto!

Post by Coltfiction »

Yeah i thought it was a 'coltspeed' one cause my mate has a GSR-V and that has the original plastic Group A front dam, which is a little different and impossible to get. It also has the rear spoiler/wing with the starion badge in the middle but as we all know, also hard to get so i was think'n if there was any aftermarket one avalible some where? Hmmmm? Hey Jeff, cause you live near by, when you have some spare time, should check this Jap import JE GSR-V out? (paul, one of my mitsy buds), its smmiccckkk. :drool:

Post by fr335tyl3r »

lol all these guys live local mate :P i live about 3 minutes away from WANTSOM, cookimonster, starionchef...heaps of the guys...we are all localised to the hills area
Coltfiction
Dorifto!

Post by Coltfiction »

Oh, sweet then. I've been living under a rock or in a tent!! :o I should move to Baulk'o then and bring tha boyz....

Post by fr335tyl3r »

lol u shud :P yeh i might be able to come out and see this starion when i have spare time...6 days a week working is killer...

o well bed time now feeling like shit. damn work , y do i have to get up at 6 every morning...so crap
Coltfiction
Dorifto!

Post by Coltfiction »

Hey Greg, can Maher & I, come out to see you sometime? :wink: