ITS ALIVE! She runs again.

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

ITS ALIVE! She runs again.

Post by ProZac »

Right, stage one is complete. TBI Rebuilt, rocker cover freshened up, and lots of stuff cleaned. I put it back together and cranked it for a bit, and viola, she started right up no troubles. Set the idle and timing and seems to run pretty smoothly for having a mis-matched computer/injectors. I'll swap the computers tomorrow as it 12:30am now. Heh. This is the ECI unit from the guide i wrote, no probs so far! But it has only been around the block.

Stage 2 is the intercooler and tc06/05 hybrid, which is all sexied up and ready to go on :)

Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

Its good when it all works out. Like the red rocker cover and injector housing :)

Dont forget to put your radiator cap back on :wink:
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

when my engine was rebuilt it ran like a granny cowgirl style :(

ran like that for weeks!

good effort gettin it going right away :) thumbs up!
1983 JA Staz
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Copy cat
rofl

Looks nice, rocker covers are a pain in the butt to clean the old paint off hey!!
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Is it just me or does that radiator fan look MASSIVE? mayb i have a weird one...mines much smaller...lol
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Post by Glenjo »

Yeah that looks like something out of a Commonhore
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Post by Glenjo »

..kick it
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

ok how do you guys avoid getting paint on the turbo lettering? i've never quite figured that out heheh :)
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

my guess would be that they are masking taping over the top...but i have much cooler plans for mine when i get around to repainting the rocker...which i might do tonight :D
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

fr335tyl3r wrote:my guess would be that they are masking taping over the top...but i have much cooler plans for mine when i get around to repainting the rocker...which i might do tonight :D
Yep, trim with a knife around the edges so you can spray everything else. The when dry, a bit of wet'n'dry to polish the letter and get rid of anything that snuck under the tape.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

its a radiator fan shroud, factory jap spec.

I like my black, but red is cool also.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

hehe, well i did copy you al, but changed it a bit. covered and polished the lines on the top as well.

_

Post by fr335tyl3r »

omg i cant wait to colour code my engine bay...lol ive got some spiffy ideas :D the guys with coloured IC piping, did you all do the paiting ureself? any paints and techniques to prep the pipes u can recommend?
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

just paint stripped the red off and painted it black :P paint stripped the rocker and sent it away to be polished. easy peasy
_

Post by ProZac »

I the rocker cover to my fathers work and sandblasted it :) Easy as, but took a while. I did this with all my factory intercooler piping and re-painted it with gloss black enamel.

I am blessed to have an awesome father with lots of tools :). Latest addition was a buffing wheel and some polishing soap for the bench grinder, thus my polished letters.
Letters masked off and edges trimmed around with a sharp knife. pain of a job, but looks good.
I used an etch primer on the bare metal to give something nicer for the paint to key-in to.

I chose red because thats the colour of the factory intercooled models, and mine will have pretty much all the parts soon, heh.