speed cameras

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

speed cameras

Post by Eurotrash »

the "Filth" really don't like you in australia, do they.
Oh and it isn't revenue collecting by the way

A little something I found... :D

Revolutionary speed cameras installed in a cat's eye device in the road's surface are being considered for New Zealand. :puke

The cylinder-shaped device developed by Australian-owned Tenix Solutions is topped with a super-tough lens that sits just 4 millimetres above the ground. It works in conjunction with an infra-red stud, which provides illumination for the camera without flashing in motorists' eyes and a detection stud which calculates speed. :shock:

The sensors can be placed in the centre or to the side of the road and have the potential to catch speedsters travelling in both directions, sending information straight to a processing centre. :x

Police national road safety manager Inspector Steve Fitzgerald :wanker said it was "about five years down the track in terms of it being used in this country".

"They'll run a trial over there (Victoria, Australia) and they will come and show us if it's successful."
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Re: speed cameras

Post by Glenjo »

Eurotrash wrote:"They'll run a trial over there (Victoria, Australia) and they will come and show us if it's successful."
:glare:
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Eurotrash wrote:the "Filth" really don't like you in australia, do they.

The cylinder-shaped device developed by Australian-owned Tenix Solutions is topped with a super-tough lens that sits just 4 millimetres above the ground.
hmmm, I can almost see desperate motorists all over the country looking for these 4mm lenses with a can of black paint, I'll be one of them...
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

paint? man if i fid one of these pricks im dropping the clutch on the cats eye... the tech would cost heaps and if anyone asks i was just pulling away from the roadside and gave it too much gas :P
1983 JA Staz
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

TD05 wrote:
Eurotrash wrote:the "Filth" really don't like you in australia, do they.

The cylinder-shaped device developed by Australian-owned Tenix Solutions is topped with a super-tough lens that sits just 4 millimetres above the ground.
hmmm, I can almost see desperate motorists all over the country looking for these 4mm lenses with a can of black paint, I'll be one of them...
black paint? bring out the jackhammer!
_