Japanese Starion specs unearthed

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Ok well I have a GSR-III 5speed. And its diff from in that list. Well mostly similar. These are the main differences:

Mine had air conditioning, oil cooler, steering wheel doesn't tilt (it should but it wont), I have Audio: Access,Equiliser and 6 speaker audio FM/Cass, tyres 215 not 195, I do not have the TURBO stripe, but I do have the turbo decal :)

Most is right on tho

It did clear up something for me, my battery gauge - I thought this was a voltage guage, but turns out to be amperes - which explains a lot - I thought it was a bit busted, but makes sense now.

If anyone knows what the 'ACCESS' unit does I'd like to know, looks like an amplifier of some sort judging by the front. PS if anyone wants a Mitsubishi Starion Equiliser and Access control units - let me know.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Im pretty sure this sheet applies only to the 1982 model - all the pics of the cars had mirrors on the guards :puke
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

eww
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Its accurate for my 83 GSRIII. But there it is, proof that the non-turbo starion does exist, and did not have independant rear suspension, ewwwwwww.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

steering wheel?? optional, hey i want one of those, must be the joystick model. :D
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Sheet says 'Tilt Steering Wheel' is factory on all Starion models.
sirius dash
[L] Plates

5 Stud Half cut

Post by sirius dash »

what mocel is that it is an import from japan
sirius dash
[L] Plates

Post by sirius dash »

sorry what model is the 5 stud japan half cut with a dash motor and intercooler in it
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Hey,

Mrb1, can you scan and post up the Engine specs page of each model aswell..I take it you have the factory manual there :P hopefully anyhow....

I've having a productive argument here with someone about the following, that in 1987 when 'Cyclone' released the DOHC 2.0L that 'Sirius' then released the 170Kw DASH Intercooled version for Rwd/Fwd in 87,88 and 89......any truth to that ?

And that the 'Cyclone' DASH intercooled version in 85 & 86 were the original 170Kw (230Ps) engine ?
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Sirrius=The name given to the G63 blocks made in the 1980's. There was also Orioin and Astron etc

Cyclone=intake port design that was meant to encourage more flow more quickly.

Just to remove any confusion.

I beleive after the DOHC G63BT (late 87), Mitsubishi's Cyclone design was also applied to existing car models fitted with 4 cylinder engines, including DASH engines. Ive seen pictures of DASH Cyclones, but not in a Starion (that I know of).

The cyclone technology was fitted to pretty much every Japanese Mitsubishi engine since then. I had a 1989 Galant GLX - with the 1.8L 4G37 and carb - it too had a Cyclone head.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

so where is my A187A GSR-VR on the list?? :(
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
sirius dash
[L] Plates

Post by sirius dash »

Mine is the 12 valve sirius dash engine with intercooler it is only a half cut for project car but i am reasonably sure it is a 84 model I will endevore to check it out tonight and get back to you but i am pretty sure that standard these engine were 170kw factory there are numerous write ups on the web but unfortunately everyone has a different spec I spose ill have to get mine in the other car and find out.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Can you please check the year of the half cut for me, I am quite sure it would be 87/88 or 89, because if it is not, then that just makes things even more confusing... :(
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

toysrus wrote:
Hey,

Mrb1, can you scan and post up the Engine specs page of each model aswell..I take it you have the factory manual there :P hopefully anyhow....
No I don't have anything :( I used the jpg jrod82 posted.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

/goes to find jrod82 :D