NZ New 1987 Starion I had a look at today

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Defective wrote:its only really oddball cars like the starion, early celicas and RX7s that seem to reasonably expensive for what you get...
Heh the reason I asked was I mentioned to my girlfriends flatmate that I was selling my car and he said pretty much the same thing that you said - you could get something better for $1500. I thought that was amusing coming from a guy who thinks his 1982 civic is the greatest thing on 4 wheels.. anyway later on my girlfriend explained to me "he doesn't *get* starions".. which I thought was a great line, and brings me to my point.

Probably my favourite thing about my car (or any starion) is the character.. there's no other car like it in that price range. Often when one of my mates sees another starion around I get a call or a text telling me about it - the fact that the car is so distinctive that when friends see another one it instantly reminds them of you.. can you put a price on that? People don't say "Let's go in your car", it's "Let's take the Starion". Although it has worked against me too.. none of them want to buy it because they associate it with me so much (but thats beside the point) :)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

got it in one jrod!
_

Post by GADGET »

have to agree with Jrod too. the SMS and MMS coming from friends happens a bit. Two mates went to Mildura over weekend they sent me an sms saying they have seen a red one and a white one. Next morning got three MMS pics on phone (very handy toy for cars and chics) got all different angles of a blue JB. They didn't really like it when i got my new red staz. They said the silver one is more me. But I look at the stock engine in my silver one and think what a joke (no offence) compared to a 2.6L with a T4. kind of cool to have this immediate reaction of - oh, oh look its a car like so and so not look its another Falcodore. It's different and thats the way it was designed to be!
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

Post by starion.gsrvr »

i know this year of car well its a intrim [before widebody] 5 stud mags jd injection.etc .. just a word from the wise.i brought 1 of these import to australia on the 15 year rule and to comply with aussie standard i had to put side impact bars in also new pedals with bigger radius also under dash had to be closed in also the car i brought in was leaded petrol so had to be changed.....and the list went on..so i wrecked it...then brought the wide body but that cost 22K landed all duties paid and complied and registered