and another kiwi

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

and another kiwi

Post by rxtoy »

hey everyone,

just ended up in here looking for some technical information for one of my projects and found heaps available.

i've got a 1981 EX lancer with a crappy sohc 1600 pos, well thats what it had anyway till i blew the headgasket. i was looking round to find a sigma motor (either 2 litre or 2.6) when i came across most of the gear for a 4G63T swap rather cheap. so far i've got the 4G63T SOHC bolted up in the engine bay with an EX1800 gearbox (same as starion ones but different shifter position), a 2 piece driveshaft and an EX1800 rear disc brake diff. i've also got the wiring loom from the same EX1800 and the motor's from a Galant turbo. still got to sort out the fuel system, an exhaust, and some of the wiring and then she'll be back on the road, hopefully a hell of a lot quicker.

one of my main issues is the wiring, i heard it would all plug in but there are some minor differences i've got to sort out. just need something to copy and there's a guy round the corner with a gold starion that i'll have to try and talk around sometime.

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
gav
ghostrider

Post by gav »

jeez, these guys are breeding like rabbits!!! (or should that be sheep :P) hehe

welcome!
sandi
[L] Plates

Post by sandi »

hey Gav

We have the sheep , whats yours, Kangaroos? rofl Hehe!!!
It goes, it goes... It just GOES!!!!
gav
ghostrider

Post by gav »

ROFL :P

i just had kangaroo sausages for tea actually!!!