ProZac's 1982 Starion - Now with added 86!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Shit Zac!! Love that pic!!!!

Zac bought around the gauage cluster cover a few days back and it looks awesome!!
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

Well. I'll be flocked!
They come up looking a real treat, good job on the head too rofl
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Great pic! Looks like a scene from planet of the apes :D
1985 JB Starion #157
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Yeah im keen to give a dash a nudge with that stuff :) Much nicer than burgundy!
popup
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by popup »

Great build, and loving the digital dash!
1986 UK 2 litre intercooled narrow body
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Yeah, A digital dash of some form will be staying in this one, I really like it too. Needs faster response though. Plus the boost gauges on them don't really mean much, thus the aftermarket one :-).
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

If you want to try it on a whole dash to see what it looks like you can try on mine, I'll even flick you some $ for product. That way if it looks awful on the dash it doesn't matter LOL
Did I give you my old digital dash? You had a play round with them to see what you can do to make them better?
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Nah, I'm pretty sure your dash is still in the back of your car dude. Havent had a play with one in any great detail, no time :-(. One day maybe :).
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Mike's car had been for sale up north for way to long... After a couple of glasses of wine one night I was chatting to the other half, and she convinced me it made more sense to buy that, than have my one painted at the moment, as it'd be cheaper overall.

That's totally how it went down.

Will put all my MPI SOHC gear into this one to get it going again. Not sure on the fate of the black one, but twin-cam's of goodness call to me for that car...

Anyway, I've never had a 5-stud Starion before.... But with this one being so, it means I could try on a bunch of wheels!

Some Diezel D1R's that were sitting around at work. 17x10, 17p offset all round. Perfect fit on the rear, but defonately a no-go on the front. I don't really like how they look though.

A friend of mine has a quite insane 280z, and it has equally insane wheels. These have been modified to be three peice on the rear, and are now a bit over 10 inches wide.

Needless to say, I'm completely sold, and will have to get some made! (Once the rest of the car is running).

Didn't have any low-profile wheel-nuts to try on the XXR527's, which was a shame, another time maybe. Would need spacers though.

I also did a bunch of other boring work like mounting the EVO V ECU, building the loom, getting intake and exhaust manifold flanges cut and sourcing all the materials to build some manifolds, but none of that shit deserves pictures :).
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I was so glad I happened to be going past when you'd just got home with the wheels!
Only thing is I'm super jealous of the car, and super jealous of the bbs wheels!
perrinsohc
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by perrinsohc »

That indeed is a bad ass 280! Those wheels look great on that car awesome at the rear. I want another starion!! Next time I have mine out I would love to come and see this new ride :D

87 Starion EX
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Genuine BBS LM's?
What were the specs? :drool:
1985 JB Starion #157
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Yup, genuine ones.

My understanding: Originally, they were 17*9 et35 and 17*7.5 et43, and were on an R33 GTR. The original 2 piece rear 17*9's are now the fronts, with the shells moved to the outside of the center to decrease the offset further to around +20.

The original 2 piece fronts had the outer's machined off, and new barrels spun up, and longer bolts added to make them 3 piece, and a little over 10" wide, with around a zero offset.

Was a fun evening trying on new shoes.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

It had 275's on the back and I'm pretty sure with the guards rolled they would have been fine.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Nah man, would have needed pretty serious camber to get them to clear, would have ended up being a bit shit for both traction and tyre life. The Diesel D1R's were a 17x10, with a 17p offset and were _perfect_ I reckon, that's the size I'll be aiming for. cleared the factory struts (by about 5 mm), and looked like they'd have clearance without rolling the arches.