EOI White 1986 GSR-V ...sold!

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

AND- whoever buys it, I'm happy I help with any questions re the Microtech and wiring etc, since I installed it.
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Hugh you just reinforced why this is such a great site. We are more like an extended family as some of us may bicker from time to time but always seem to get over our differences in the end . :beer
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Hey people,

Thanks for the PMs and responses!

Just want to clarify this, that the car is in the Expression of Interest (EOI) stage so I can get a feel who would be best suited to the car.
Even though there is a $2500 price tag on it, it is not a $2500 car....for the uninitiated :shock:
Yes, the car can run tirelessly in it's present form, but it wouldn't be right.
I tried fixing up the steering using 2nd hand parts, but it's still not right. Do it properly, and your looking at over $700 with reconditioned steering box, possibly pump and lines.
Gearbox crunches, so it would require a replacement. A few hundred there.
Rebuilt turbo is a TD05 with 6cm2 exhaust housing. Needs upgrade, at least with a 8cm2 exhaust housing! The car has a sweet spot on the power but dies fairly quickly. The 3.9 ratio also makes it feel quicker etc
Interior is good without being great. The Tuners doing the microtech computer crushed the centre console, so a burgandy one is there atm. Spraying it black shouldn't be a problem! Some other little blemishes in there as well.
There is no LSD... you NEED a LSD for this car!
And of course the rear panel and paintwork is required.

So, I am making it clear that the car is more of a long term project rather than a get in and simply drive. At least $5K on repairs & improvements etc over a couple of years!

Now, have I put some of the dreamers off :P
Just let me know if you're still keen as I will probably let it go in a few weeks so people can drive the car home.

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I'm still keen, I have all the parts it needs and more, well except for the console.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

OLD FART wrote:Hugh you just reinforced why this is such a great site. We are more like an extended family as some of us may bicker from time to time but always seem to get over our differences in the end . :beer
Oh, shut up you old fart! :beer rofl
Last edited by 1320ft on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Was keen, but seeing as it "wouldn't be right" to drive it as is, for now at least... whatever. Guess that makes me one of the dreamers.
Good luck with the sale mate :)
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

OLD FART wrote:Hugh you just reinforced why this is such a great site. We are more like an extended family as some of us may bicker from time to time but always seem to get over our differences in the end . :beer
Thanks Oldie!! :beer yes I see it like an extended family too! People have been quite helpful to me too.

1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
JA83
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by JA83 »

Would it make it to tassie??? I have the parts...
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Yeh I would say it should make the distance fine - more what Mal was saying was that the way it is you wouldn't want to just continue to drive it like that as a daily car - it just wouldn't be right, and should be fixed up properly.

I think that's what you meant Mal? It is still running and driving fine?

JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

I drove the car to work today....all good :)
The recent service to the car with new oil & filter, fuel filter, and new spark plugs is letting the car run spot on. It's interesting how the inlet manifold needs to warm up
(there is an element there for that purpose) before it idles properly.
Yes, the car could travel to any part of Australia. No prob's there! I was just making the comment that the car can be a top car etc.
I may be getting a LSD diff centre next week, so I will look to instal that in. Price will be adjusted for the improvement....

I will let a couple of locals view the car first...
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

Mal I've already offered to pay for it, I have the parts to into it and will be down for superlap to pick it up yet I haven't heard back from you about it.

RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

What's happening Mal, have you sold it or you don't want to sell it? I need to know so I can book my tickets back from superlap.

NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Might be easier to call him, Bao.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

RiceThief wrote:What's happening Mal, have you sold it or you don't want to sell it? I need to know so I can book my tickets back from superlap.
Car is not sold. There are 3 other serious parties that want it! You are one of the front-runners.

Can't guarantee anything at this stage!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
j3tstar
Newcomer

Post by j3tstar »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:
RiceThief wrote:What's happening Mal, have you sold it or you don't want to sell it? I need to know so I can book my tickets back from superlap.
Car is not sold. There are 3 other serious parties that want it! You are one of the front-runners.

Can't guarantee anything at this stage!
hey mal i called you on the weekend about ur starion im going to pull out as if there's 3 other serious people i may not get it anyways.. so now it makes it 2 other don't want to waste my time or yours and considering having the car won't change my life i'll take a pass..all the others may be all talk but hey you never know.

Would be a good project but if its mean't to be it will be cheers
one step at a time