Gormzz's Stazza..!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Seen your post about wheels to buy. Dude, you're not making sense.

You complain about a limited budget re buying a slippery diff yet you're happy to spend $1000+ for wheels.

Will they make your car look better? Sure. Make your driving more competitive and more fun though? Not likely.

I've said it before, an LSD will transform your car.

Your money your call but I know what I'd be doing...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah i'm just getting a insight on the wheels. not planning to buy them before the differential. :beer

also regarding the budget thing.. yeah i am on a budget atm, but in saying that i have enough money in my bank to buy the diff and a set of 1000 wheels right now. but then i would be basically left to none. Hence the word budget in the terms that im cutting corners and trying to save money on each individual thing so i can buy "more" parts for my car. Not spending it all on one good item and having none left for a while until i save more, (mechanic apprentice wages loathe). But yeah all good mate i know where your coming from, i just wanted to see what people thought of those two wheels as i'd be keen for one of them sets in the "future". :D.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)
Starion Turbo, (Drift Car)
Toyota MX32 Cressida (New Project)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ok another thing im looking at for in the future as i need a resolution for my intake which is bollocks is this..

http://www.vgauges.com/catalog/product_ ... ucts_id=79

obviously a cheap version of what i could get.. but its got various combinations.. but the end of the day i want a full on wideband/air/fuel ratio gauge so i can set it all up with the maf translator which i intend on buying.

thoughts?

edit: might've found a better one..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-GAUGE-6- ... 45f5639fc6

:beer
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

anyway.. basically just been driving the old girl the last couple of weeks with no drama's besides the clunking of gears (suspect of tt bearing shot) but other then that it loves 14psi until fuel cut all day and doesn't overheat etc..

basically im a hair of from having a diff shortly hopefully.. and coilovers soon also. then i can start posting more pictures of the progress.

also need to get this damn other car out've the shed so i got some room.. as its taking most of my time at the moment as it needs a motor swap. wish the rain would hold off!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

ok a decent update! wish i could show some pictures with this.. anyway. i've got a 3 pce wing coming from the states which should be hear very soon.. hopefully 1 - 2 weeks remaining from the 3-4 eta schedule. Also just bought a lsd as some of you know recently from the NZ! Have transferred funds and am waiting on postage quotes to get it here.. and then put the old girl in! Time to stop being a tightass and just start getting this beast into gear.!

Also alot of my time is fixing up my daily so i can put the staz in the garage and get ready for the mpfi swap. things are starting to come together a bit more thankfully...
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

redzone wrote:my advice:

give up on finding one "for a good price". they are a rare item that everyone wants because they transform the car and very very rarely fuck up..
i didn't have to wait long to get one for a good price ;) hehe.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

So what was your good price Gormzz? C'mon, spill...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

haha nahh it was a alright price.. basically owed me $475AUD to buy the lsd which came with axles.. only jist to it is i'm waiting on postage costs to get here... might be the killer. Apparently its still a tight lsd to so might be in luck not having to rebuild it for a while, see what happens. End of the day i'm honestly happy i found one.. seems like the other ones i tried to get just slipped out've my reach or haven't got a reply back..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah once it's shipped i'd say around $650-700 which is the norm
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah more then likely. honestly am just glad i have one coming.. been waiting to long. next on the list will just be some second handy tyres for the stockers and hopefully d2 coilovers before my first practice run..
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

get some 15's at least, 14's are too wobbly. ideally get some 195/60/15's or something like that, nice and narrow.. you need narrow tyres with low hp...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Aint that the truth. I had a quite a bit of fun sliding my car around on the champiro 205's I had on the rear when i first got it. After switching to some 225 proxies, you have to be going so damn fast and chuck it into a corner way too hard to get the ass out... I'm lacking the skill, and am way to much of a pussy to do it anymore, heh.
GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah well i can give the 14's a go.. atm they got basically new tread.. bridgestone allrounders lol. might look out for a set of 15's or something and get tyres between 185 - 205's to start of.. will keep my allrounders on front maybe to keep some sort've grip there.. yeah at least my low hp isn't as bad as some of the ke rolla sliders lol.. running the 4k or even the standard 4age would be a bit underpowered to hold a corner. ahh well more speed will be needed!
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

dude, believe me when i say this, get some cheap 15's or 16's to begin with and keep your 14's aside for street driving, there is way too much sidewall flex with a 65 or 70 series tyre to have any sort of control, you'll spend the whole time spinning out.

Forget comparing your car to a KE70 with no power, those things weigh under 900kg so you dont need much power to keep em going.. you will need all the help u can get trust me, been there done that 8 years ago!

GormzZ
I love starions

Post by GormzZ »

yeah i will most likely end up doing that dude.. was just saying possible alternatives. lol still though.. boost will help me no doubt.. even more when the mpfi is done and car is tuned properly. anyway you gotta start somewhere.. better then trying to learn in something to powerful i say and smacking it up good.. least this car doesn't owe me much yet lol.
Honda Accord CB7 (Daily)

Thats it for now...