FS: Gold JD in Melbourne

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Gentlemen...
What number JD is it? There's only 50 odd sold in the country (in case you were not aware :P )
And does it actually have the D60 option code ...3.9 LSD from factory? These were an option as well!!

I reckon you can't go wrong restoring a JD. They work well with everyday driving around city and cruises. Comfy interior and softer suspension...
You just need to extract a little more power out of them!

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

we had a look at it yesterday and would buy it if we could get it up to qld at a good price, non running means we cant..

it is number 40, black interior & D60 option, still has the big diff.

if someone pulls this car apart i'll fly back down & punch them in the face, it is too good to wreck. it just needs tidying up after being attacked by a p plater. floorpans are mint not a mark on them, original engine block which matches the owners manual in the glove box..

full investment potential car...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

How 'blown' is the motor? If just head gasket then probably not hard to get it going. Or going enough to get onto a transport truck.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Transfer my motor into it. Just dreaming :) although I would give it some serious consideration IF the price was keener :(
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

damn that for not being in QLD :(
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

had a look

Post by bigmoz »

went and had a look this arvo, car need a bit of work with clear coat peeling on every panel, or a ding/scratches. has been in a front left accident with sighs of repairs quite visible in the engine bay. front bar has cracks in it, and there is an attempt to repair the air-dam with some home grown amateur fibreglassing. top bead on windscreen missing, rust on a few common spots ie, fr 1/4's at the back of the guard. the drivers door had been damaged quite heavily. JD hatch spoiler is falling off in places and also showing corrosion on the left hand side part. rear right brake also cracked. interior is a bit messy too with new window switches needed on the drivers side and also full new dash cluster with switches. front seats are from a JB but the rest of the black velour interior is there and in alright shape.

motor looks like it had bent the rod on number 1 as it was 2-3mm deep when at TDC. head it a jet valve head too. all the numbers match up from the car to the block but the wiring looks a bit shabby with all the rice attachments the car has had over the years.

at the end of the day i think this car is going to cost you 3-4k on top of the selling price to have it back up in reasonable condition my bet would be she'll be chopped up and spread out into the starion community

moz
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

^^^^
I'll buy it and have it stored before it has any chance of being chopped up! :D
Not this one guys! Matching numbers and all option codes.
All missing parts are available if you look hard enough!

:beer Mal
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I've got every part here that it needs, but we couldnt find cheap quick freight. It is a really clean shell underneath, it looks worse than it is..

If I can find freight i'll get it..

A jd with a black interior & lsd is the most collectible starion..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

agreed a JD with black interior is nice, although the price of a well top condition JD and a top JB or JA isn't going to be more then 1000 i dont see what the problem with using cars for parts to get other cars to there optimum level is. its not like i was telling people to go buy it to turn it around for a quick buck, even if you where to try that the only desirable part is the LSD and hatch spoiler due to the other parts being damaged or incomplete.

moz
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I just sold a nice jb for $5000, I don't know where u get $1000 from...

When u have a car that is one of about 20 or so left (jd), it's worth the extra effort over a car that has about 500 left (ja)

This car fixed up would pull over 7k in the current market, with potential for more once things pick up..

If anyone knows of a tow mob that can get a non runner up to qld for cheap (back loading) let me know!

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Plus, what jd parts are u after? I have a few here. There are enough scattered around without ruining another one..

sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

I think what Bigmoz was trying to say is it is his opinion that a top condition JD wouldnt be worth more than a $1000 more than a top condition JA or JB.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Ah ok..

I'm starting to have visions of a road trip at easter! lol...

JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

A refurbished JD with a nice set of simmons is easily worth 9-10K in my book!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Don't wreck it, with a bit of work it could be a twin to my car.

Someone buy and restore it :beer