my car is not DONE and probably never be!

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
redzone
racking my brains

Re: ...

Post by redzone »

jk wrote: What I do think is a shame is the "if it doesn't sell it goes to the scrap" mentality. If it's got to go from your property sold or not, at least offer it up to other enthusiests for free.

This is exactly the point i'm making, a few of you seem to have missed that somehow
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Can we confirm that it wasn't being offered for free? It was my understanding it was.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
MrSparkle
[P] Plates

Post by MrSparkle »

If anyone had wanted it i would have gladly handed it over. It was a shame to see it on the truck but i honestly believe sticking with it would have been the wrong move.

One guy that came over for some parts showed interest in it plus some of the more standard parts ive got like stock diff and gearbox and struts and that sort of jazz. I offered it to him still licenced for 500 bux all it would have needed was an engine and even then he just couldnt make it happen. No one is going to try to arrange transport of the shell over east or anywhere else for that matter so it had to be done.

We were trying to get rid of parts for postage costs. Had anyone msgd me about any part of it they would have had shiney new (most likely slightly blue colour) parts in their hot little hands right now but i didnt get one msg for any part of it aside from the stuff i was advertising.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Yeah I get your point. .

It was a shame about the shell. Did the guy who junked it give you some coin for the scrap? Doesn't sound like it....

Hard to move a Starion shell over there in Perth I'd imagine, how many do you reckon are there?

Out of interest how much have you recouped doing this?
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

jk wrote:I totally get the economics of whats gone on here, it's your asset, liquidate it as best you can.

I think there's more than a couple of people around this forum who have a love of Starions and can't see or accept the wider public sentiment and hence value given to Starions in the open market. If there are black wideys in good nick going for around 10k here I don't think you could argue 12k for an orange flatty with sunken offset tri spokes would ever happen again, despite it's flat 13 sec performance. :roll:
NachoMan wrote:I'm even thinking about pulling the widebody apart and getting my money back with the individual sale of the parts, and if the shell doesn't sell then that too will go on the scrapheap.
What I do think is a shame is the "if it doesn't sell it goes to the scrap" mentality. If it's got to go from your property sold or not, at least offer it up to other enthusiests for free.
An 'enthusiast' would still be prepared to pay for it.
But I tell you what jk, if you want it and it's about to go on the scrapheap, you can come get it for free.
:roll:
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

I'm cool with Sparkle. :)
I've been reminded by a picture of some Starion doors on the back of a flatbed truck that I need some parts to fix my drivers door lock. Pity it was a pic of that and not a huge, "it's free or flatbed weekend thread" to remind me. I understand sometimes it just has to go, Ive sent stuff to the crusher I've regretted a little bit later, that's life.
PM if you may be able to help on some door lock rods/clips.

As for you Nachie, don't sook just because I came to look at your gear and then declined to make any offers. You carried on a little bit about high values and rarities, so I dosed you some home truths. I wasn't meaning to offend, I was trying to let you down gently, and help you sell cars, which you still have hey?
I'm not sitting here waiting for your free s**t. :roll:
jb - white outside maroon inside
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

this is awesome!!!

a battle of the tight asses (lots) and blokes with coin who do things properly!!! love it.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

jk wrote:I'm cool with Sparkle. :)
I've been reminded by a picture of some Starion doors on the back of a flatbed truck that I need some parts to fix my drivers door lock. Pity it was a pic of that and not a huge, "it's free or flatbed weekend thread" to remind me. I understand sometimes it just has to go, Ive sent stuff to the crusher I've regretted a little bit later, that's life.
PM if you may be able to help on some door lock rods/clips.

As for you Nachie, don't sook just because I came to look at your gear and then declined to make any offers. You carried on a little bit about high values and rarities, so I dosed you some home truths. I wasn't meaning to offend, I was trying to let you down gently, and help you sell cars, which you still have hey?
I'm not sitting here waiting for your free s**t. :roll:
Home truths?
More like your opinions.
No sooking here jk-ie. It would take more than anything of what you've got to make me sook.
Just because you didn't want to pay the money doesn't mean it's not worth it.
I'm well aware that I still have the cars, but like I said to you, I'm not hard up for money, and they'll sell when they sell, or if they sell!
Anyway bickering over the internet is pointless and stupid, so here's where I stop.
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

NachoMan wrote:I'm even thinking about pulling the widebody apart and getting my money back with the individual sale of the parts, and if the shell doesn't sell then that too will go on the scrapheap.

Yes it's a shame to see a nice shell junked, but in reality it's not worth hanging on to in the hope that someone may buy it someday.

It's pure economics in the end, and as much as I love Starions, I'd be prepared to cut my losses and run too.
NachoMan wrote:I'm well aware that I still have the cars, but like I said to you, I'm not hard up for money, and they'll sell when they sell, or if they sell!
I'm not bickering but make your mind up. :)

For the record I'm happy to pay for some door lock parts, just like I have for every other new or secondhand Starion part I've ever aquired.

Mick, not too sure you understand the discussion here if your calling people tight asses?
To explain, here's a hypothetical situation why free or flatbed saves old car parts:
"Hey wife, I'm going to grab some spare doors that I don't really need for the Starion. A local dude is moving house or something and they have to go, he only wants $50." - Wife says "No, we don't need more s**t in the backshed for $50 how about you forget it."
versus
"Hey wife, I'm going to grab some spare doors that I don't really need for the Starion. A local dude is moving house or something and they have to go, he's giving them away." - Wife says "Oh they're free? OK amuse yourself silly male."
In that simple scenario Starion doors are saved from the scrap heap and some dude gets rid of stuff he really doesn't want, get it?
jb - white outside maroon inside
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

jk - the problem with your hypothetical situation is the wife is wearing the pants in that relationship. A real man would have bought the doors for $50 and brought it home and dealt with the consequences. :P
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

JK, there's been some price drops on the widebody nacho isnt desperate to sell, Flying out the door at 14k, why dont you jump on that?
:beer
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

jk - sorry mate what did you say?
as soon as wife was mentioned on a car forum to justify anything i died on the inside.
you really ask permission to spend money?
and yes - there are heaps of tight asses on here if you hadnt noticed LOL
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:JK, there's been some price drops on the widebody nacho isnt desperate to sell, Flying out the door at 14k, why dont you jump on that?
:beer
I have 9 cars.
I would prefer the space.
A desperate price is $10K, which I have been offered.
I will probably just junk the 2 JB's I have here instead to make some space.

:roll: :P :beer
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Mate 14k! That is cheap!
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Yeah it sure is, especially for what is and what it can do.
But like Shane, (MrSparkle), I'd prefer the space rather than having the car sitting there not being driven.
I haven't driven it in 2 weeks!