cut air can affect petrol mixtures?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

I can do 300K on half a tank easy.

Remember, its an 85L tank, and a 2.0 SOHC engine. Unless your revving the pants off it all the time, you can go long way.

With the new raise in petrol prices here, its actually cheaper to buy Iridium spark plugs, than it is to tell the guy at the servo to 'full'er up' - cost me over $100 last time I said that.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
pcuser51
I like starions

Post by pcuser51 »

400Ks on a tank full on a standard starion sounds about right if your floging it around town, :D normal in town would be 550 to 600 and up to
800 on a run for about 65 lts bearing in mind it is a 75 lt tank :D JUST MY TWO BOBS WORTH
CHEERS ALAN
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

my cars been running a bit richer recently, only getting around 450km on a full tank driving around town, used to get at least 500, mostly more.

I have cut the air can recently, but don't know if it's related. There's a bit more black smoke comming out the back too. Time to save for mpi i thinks
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

androoz wrote:hehe JC poor but can afford Iridiums huh?

basically im just asking because i feel im getting bad kms for the amount of petrol i put in.. ill have to wait till i put a full tank in to make sure.. my uncles JA can get around 400kms with a full tank.. im hoping mine would be around there.. maybe a little less as his is completely stock.
this has been discussed before, some people are getting up to 600km on 98 ron fuel, more on the highway...
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
Black JA
'throw me a frickin' bone here'

Post by Black JA »

I usually get around 300-350 half tank too....somethings wrong there androoz! and i give my car a squirt more times than not :D

ever since i cut my air can my car has been running richer too! it wreaks of petrol although it has better response...i wonder if there is something that can be done to fix that...i've tried adjusting the lean-rich screwy thingy but to no avail! :roll:

Bloody starions...u gotta love 'em :wtf:
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

haha, i'd like to be able to wind my mixture screw another 2 turns to lean,but it wont let me :(
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

hrmz.. should i go to my car and wind the screw all the way to lean?
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

just remember that it's always better to have your car running a little rich than a little lean
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

should i even touch the petrol mixtures?