82ja Alternator needed

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

82ja Alternator needed

Post by MelbStazz »

im in need of an alternator for a 82ja as well as a gear stick ( as the previous owner lopped the top off to dodgely fit K-mart aftermarket one).
Any help would be appreciated
drew
- el schmicko detailer -
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

keep the 'shortened' stick and chuck a nicer knob on it! so much better then the standard height!

as for the alternator, if you have a bit of money and don't mind modding some brackets, you could fit a generic bosch 80amp, or get a bosch magna 80a (same bracket as staz) as well as a v-belt kit to swap from the flat belt to match the starion belts.

or if you can't be arsed, get it rebuilt :P i think it cost me 150 to replace most of the internals and make it look all new again :P i havn't had any problems with 60a. The only prob with a 2nd hand one is you don't know how long it will last.
strion
I've been here before

Post by strion »

i have two...but im in sydney...
up to you man...$60 bucks...working
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i'm not trying to talk down 2nd hand ones! they could last another 20 years and come at half the price.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

i can get mine tested and rebuilt if necassary for $125 or there abouts, i found a 2nd handie for $125, hmmm.
I dont mind doing mod work, how hard is it to mod to the larger 80a? i think that maybe the better option, big price difference??
cheers
drew
- el schmicko detailer -
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

or you can get an alternator off a l300 van...birtually the same as a starion,all you need to do is get a shorter belt...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
Ice Starion
I like starions more

Post by Ice Starion »

you can virtually use an altenator off most mitsubishi cars i have one from a ´95 galant it hada a higher amper rating(95 insted off 65A) so it´s just better, all i had to do was taking some pipe out off the fasteners and the it just pluged in(yes same plugs)
Birgir Örn

'87 Mitsubushi Starion
4G63 Polished & Ported Cylinder Head
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i think the bosch ones are about $200ish? i returned mine as i didn't have enough time to mod it on and just wanted to DRIVE!
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

alternator found - Thanks

Post by MelbStazz »

:D well it looks as though i may have my hands on a original ja one, thanks to someone off the forum. Just waiting on a price. i was supprised to hear that about the topgun leads though, see how she runs with the alt in and the new Bosch Black Leads and Battery. Then off to the other problems. Try and make your car look nice by painting bits and pieces and these things happen. :x oooh well..
cheers
drew
- el schmicko detailer -