FS: 1988 Starion GSR-VR (widebody) white

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

At today's good aussie currency rates esp. for shipping, nor more than $11-12K on road...providing car is reasonably roadworthy!

Landed about $9.5-10K!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

YEN335,000 auction sale price will end up being YEN500-530,000 by the time it gets on a ship. So, around AU$6,200-6,600. Shipping , customs, taxes, GSt, etc etc will end up around $10-10,500 landed. Then add your state compliancing and registration costs. It is an excellent price, but I doubt that such an opportunity will come along again anytime soon...so I won't be holding my breath :shock:
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

Wouldnt a uk widey be a better option than a us widey? being right hand drive , and i bielive most of them are 2l , basiclly a nz new euro ex but wide?
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

except they salt their roads!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Finding a non-rotted example from the UK would be a mission. How can you check the silver one hasn't been fixed (or even bogged)?
Buying an example here is still the cheapest and safest bet. There are currently 2 for sale I think.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Good point, MrBishi - the 12K would be for a car that you hadn't even laid eyes on let alone driven, so there is a substantial element of risk. So, yes, best option would be to buy one already here.

Which are the two that are for sale here, MrBishi? I only know of one.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 4294964529

I think this is number 2 along with phil's in Cairns.

I don't want to make much comment on the 2 for sale in Oz, but if this white GSR-VR had come up 2 or 3 months from now, I may have very seriously considered bidding. White, manual and cool period rims made me really excited when I got the pics, just bad timing personally rather than financial.
jb - white outside maroon inside
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

That's mine! I'm stringing the Auto widey ad to see if anyone's interested in buying a widey.
This one is a rust free, newly resprayed and well garaged example.
Scooped bonnet and SHP wheels are included.
If it sells, I'll just buy another :D
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

In all the time that I have been keeping an eye out for widies, I can recall only a handful of cars being importable, and even less that weren't black and/or auto.

I have no idea why Phil's car has not been sold yet, but I enquired about it last year and it wasn't too bad for the $11K asking price. One of the issues for me was the fact that I had to have it re-complied here in NSW.

Yes, the prices of widies may seem expensive to some, true enthusiasts know the real value of them. This, along with the exclusivity, rarity and the fact that they are the last (and best) of the Starion model, will continue to maintain their price.

EDIT: I also should reiterate the fact that these cars are enthusiast cars in Japan and, as mentioned previously, still retain a very high price there. Average price for a clean example is around YEN650,000 which is AU$8,000+
Last edited by NXTIME on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Yes, the prices of widies may seem expensive to some, true enthusiasts know the real value of them. This, along with the exclusivity, rarity and the fact that they are the last (and best) of the Starion model, will continue to maintain their price.
Amen brother :pimp
tri26t
I love starions

Post by tri26t »

I have no idea why Phil's car has not been sold yet, but I enquired about it last year and it wasn't too bad for the $11K asking price. One of the issues for me was the fact that I had to have it re-complied here in NSW.
I too cant understand why it has`nt sold, how ever ATM it`s back to being my favorite car, I just needed to polish it up/do a full service and detail and there was the BEAUTY I was so proud of, Still for sale,but im not in any hurry now.
oh and after changing the main fuse wire (under bonnet) my cruise control is back to its former glory as well :)
Cheers: Phil.
TORQUES-CHEAP.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Re-advertise it with some good pics and it will get much more interest, I can guarantee it.

I was very keen on it, but unfortuntely other things took priority.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Where was this white widebody? It might be smashed into the side of a building now... :(
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Was in Okayama Prefecture, 170km west of Osaka. It is fine and has gone to its new (Japanese) owner who is over the moon with his purchase.

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T