Photos Hanging Rock Car Show 2011

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Photos Hanging Rock Car Show 2011

Post by Hitchy »

Hi All,

Thought I post some pics from the Hanging Rock Car Show.

We had 3 Starions there from the forum and 5 members present, Hitchy, Enthuzed, Mitsumadness, JDstaz45 and www.18u. 2 JA's and a JD, Mitsumadness was bringing his widebody but it did a head gasket the day before.

Conservative estimate was there was about 2000 cars in attendance, What ever your taste, there was something there, Plenty of Jap Cars, Datsuns/Nissans, Toyotas, Geminis, and a handful of Mitsubishis (3 Starions, a LA lancer, GC Galant and a couple of EVO's). Heaps of Aussie and American Muscle (GT's, Monaro's, Chargers, Torana's, Mustangs etc along with some representaion form Europe, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche, MG etc.

The selection on offer caused an overload of the senses. It was an awesome day.

Enjoy the Pictures

The auStarion Boys
Twin Supercharged AC Cobra
GT40
E500 Mustang
A Pair of GTR XU1's
Jap spec Datsun 1600 (P510)
Datsun 260Z
A9X Torana
Immaculate Datsun 1600 L20 with twin 45's
Robnell Cobra
A Pair of GT Falcons
E type Jag & Firebird
Pair of Celicas with Hanging Rock in the background.

Will be organising another get together here for next year, great to meet and catch up with the guys from the forum. Hope we can get a few more there next year.

Cheers Hitchy
Last edited by Hitchy on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you hit the tree between the headlights that’s understeer. When you hit the tree between the tail lights that's oversteer!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

:o that GT40 and Mustang are amazing!
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Man that was quick. Hope that JDStaz45 & www.18u made it back comfortably & safely to Sydney in the pre-widey GSR-V.
Blown away by the sheer volume of high quality machinery up there. Apparently is gets bigger every year! We done Hitchy for organising the Starion clan, pity there wasn't more of us.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Good onya Hitchy for organising the Motor Show get-together! The size of the show was mind blowing. At least 5-6 football fields of shiny metal.
Some of us reckon close to a $billion worth of automobiles...and bikes! Some nice pics there!!

The GSR-V got us home without a glitch. I gotta say the 3.9 diff is not designed for highway travel. We probably got 650km on a full tank (72-75L).
That's 8.67km per 1litre or 11.53L per 100km (hwy) :? :?

Special thanks to Mitsumadness for letting us share his lovely home and it was nice to meet up with a great bunch of blokes south of the border.
It really reinforces the great spirit of the Starion community which I'm proud to be part of :)

:beer :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

In a nutshell, Great people, great cars, great food and a overall a great weekend :D

Thanks again for everything guys :drunks

I noticed this was 5 stud ? hmm
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

sorry I missed you guy's.
with 3 kids bieng kids I missed out on a few sections, obviously the important one.
Fortunately heaps of other top cars to look at and definitely something for everyone. This event is getting huge now, looking forward to next year.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

Great job flying the flag guys, I'll have to mark off one of my 45 days of the new Club Permit Log Book scheme for next years event.
I like silver Starions; what wheel are those & what size?
Frank, I had a report from the PIARC Club Captain stating that he saw a black Starion go past him on the Monash recently, had a cage in it too; surely there can't be 2 Black Bettys running around?
:beer
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Yeah it would have been me. A bloke who drives an Evo6 at the show told Hitchy he saw the car on Maroondah highway. Now that people are getting to know my car it's time for that new paintjob.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Re: Photos Hanging Rock Car Show 2011

Post by Nosaki Faki »

Conservative estimate was there was about 2000.

Vey conservative mate, talking to a couple of the guy's that organise this at work today, just over 4500 cars on display.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!
Hitchy
Big Dorifto

Post by Hitchy »

I guess I was being conservative, I ws going off the website and what they were estimating. 4500 cars that's ballistic.

I heard one bloke comment that there were more GT Falcons at the show than ever came of the production line, you could proberly say the same about the XU1 toranas also.

regardless it was an awesome day, there were some astonishing cars in attendance, will be there next year for sure. We'll work on getting a few more Starions there as as well.

cheers

Hitchy
When you hit the tree between the headlights that’s understeer. When you hit the tree between the tail lights that's oversteer!