The most embarrassing day of my life

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

The most embarrassing day of my life

Post by Vulpes »

Let me start by saying this is in no way intended as a slur against young Josh whom i bought the car off. He is a really nice guy and the car is what it is and I bought it for the parts only but bear in mind im nearly 50 and picture this scenario. My mate and I turn up at the depot to collect Josh's black JB. Complete with BARUP number plate ( i'm 50 ) and the front bumper has a hole in it the size if Tasmania so the world can see the HUGE intercooler which is the size of the dwarf star galacticon 5 ( im 50 ). Now its as loud as Christs second coming, the blow off valve makes a shrill noise like a banshee getting his testicles caught in a Leprechaun trap even at 500rpm ( im 50). So i'm shrinking as low as i can get into the drivers seat, trying to keep the RPM below 500 at every gearchange so as not to wake Freddy Kruger and I have my hand permanently glued to the side of my face just in case somebody I know is driving past and sees me. Not that I would be able to see them as the entire view out of the front window was obscured by a tacho so large that it generated its own gravity and made it hard to steer into right hand corners. Boost gauges, some other gauge i dont know what it did and the only gauge that worked on the dash was the tacho and speedo. I would have traded them all for a temperature gauge that worked sitting at the lights hoping it didnt boil. So we get to the first servo and it wont restart because the battery is dead. My mate is trying with his GT falcon to start it but no good. I nice guy comes by and asks can he help " thanks mate" I said "amazing isnt it the things we do for our kids this piece of shit is my sons car"..... so my mate and i are now out IN PUBLIC !!!!! with a black starion with no front bumper, the headlights are stuck up as if to say look at the 50 year old driving this thing and BARUP number plates. It was unquestionably the MOST embarrassing day of my life and the longest trip home, I took every back road i knew just in case somebody saw me. It only drove home to me the vast chasm between the young and the old. The fact young blokes like things like testosterone fed tachos amazes me. At least now i get the last laugh and am starting to pull it apart, for no other reason than to prevent anybody from ever having to suffer the indignity of what I endured today :) . Here's to the exuberance of youth and the class and subtleness of the elderly :beer Thank God im nearly 50 I wouldnt trade places for quids. Again, this is not intended as an attack or criticism of young Josh or the car itself it was just a very "interesting" drive home
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl. Thats gold Dazza are you sure you're not having a mid life crisis LOL
Had a mental picture of you driving it home as I was reading :D
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

haha! I'm half your age and I would agree with you on those points! I hate massively oversized intercoolers, especially where the bumpers have been hacked up to oblivion to show them off, and monsta tachos etc when the factory tacho will do the job just fine. Don't even get my started on oversized chrome wheels with terrible offsets which make the car look like a roller skate - it seems to be the common thing to do with modified cars in Australia, that and candy apple paint jobs with terrible white vinyl interiors!
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Good story... But your starting to sound like your in your 60's... You sure you're not getting to old for this... LOL
1985 JB Starion #157
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

This story just made my morning haha :beer
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

there is just one problem with your story... banshees are female.. they don't have balls LOL

heck i'm half your age too and i don't like that kinda stuff.. go before show ftw
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

I guess coming to a cruise driving an auto mx5 must run a close 2nd then Daz. ;)
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

[quote="thrash"]there is just one problem with your story... banshees are female.. they don't have balls LO[/quote
Thrash mate they will have yours if you don't watch out :D :beer
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

LOL LOL
Nice! You painted a great picture of how you arranged to remove your dignity.
Function over form in my book.
Bling = bin! Yes it's fun removing monster tachos, cannon mufflers & painted wiper arms!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I am half your age as well and agree. I was into show MANY years ago, but that extremely quickly subsided. But in no way did I ever want a monster tacho. Gauges yes, but only to be useful to me. Go before Show all the way, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of show so long as its classy. :beer
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Cookiemonster wrote:I guess coming to a cruise driving an auto mx5 must run a close 2nd then Daz. ;)
rofl
robert26t
Enthusiast

Post by robert26t »

hahahaha thats awesome. I cant comment though, Ive had my fair share of rice / autosalon cars
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

:oops: Ok Cookie and Hoongirl, the MX5 is my WIFES !!! car and yes its as embarrassing as hell to drive too. Maybe your right, maybe I am getting too old for this and by the way Cookie, whats with showing up on a cruise in a manual Elise :x ........................ok, that taunt didn't go well.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Vulpes wrote::oops: Ok Cookie and Hoongirl, the MX5 is my WIFES !!! car and yes its as embarrassing as hell to drive too. Maybe your right, maybe I am getting too old for this and by the way Cookie, whats with showing up on a cruise in a manual Elise :x ........................ok, that taunt didn't go well.
LOL... we luv ya Daz! :)
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

You loved it. It's ok, you can tell us.

Should have gone via Brighton
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!