STARION D2 COILOVERS - GROUP BUY - A$1,220 landed

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:I'm curious how the front struts would differ from narrow to widebody??? I guess the area where welding is required would need to matched up to the original strut size/length.

Has anybody ever compared a narrowbody to widebody front strut and compared where the difference lies (exc the spindle angle)? In the shaft insert or in the strut body??

:? :? :?

I'm so close to being a part of this group buy.....the widebody suspension/geometry is miles apart from the 2L narrowbody!!!!
Quality and compliance issues hold me back!!
the cast steel spindle is different as the steering axis inclination is different between a narrow and a wide.

this doesnt affect the useability on a narrowbody or widey as the original spindle is reused, the length difference between narrow and wide can be dialled out with the height adjustment.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Guys,

GREAT PROMPT RESPONSE GUYS... THANKS
First post updated. All paid except thrash... (Due this week)
I'll be placing the order this afternoon so we can try and get them before Christmas.!

I hope you guys are getting excited as I know I am. :D

:beer
Pete
1985 JB Starion #157
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

If there is a hiccup with anyone in the 1st group buy, count me in. Or if possible, Pete, can you throw me in with this group buy??????

Ready to go!!! Widey needs a decent suspension esp. after the drive to Bathurst!

:beer :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Sorry to hold up the group buy :oops:
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:If there is a hiccup with anyone in the 1st group buy, count me in. Or if possible, Pete, can you throw me in with this group buy??????

Ready to go!!! Widey needs a decent suspension esp. after the drive to Bathurst!

:beer :beer
MAL! . I'll squeeze you in but you're the last one... I take your word you'll transfer asap (check your PM for details). Lucky you're a good guy and I trust you... :D
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:Sorry to hold up the group buy :oops:
Hardly... The other guys were just super quick and beat you too it. As for slow, see Mal's post. He almost missed the boat... :D It should be ok. :? Lets think positive.
1985 JB Starion #157
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

If anyone has missed out, you can buy mine once they arrive.
The NEW price will be $10 k for my set!
rofl
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

now that this is actually going ahead, where are the sydney people going to get theirs installed?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

also.. did we ever get the correct link to their website? what of the spring rates?
quest wrote:
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:now that this is actually going ahead, where are the sydney people going to get theirs installed?
I was thinking about the place next to JEM tuning at Ingleburn? I'll shop around when they arrive.
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:also.. did we ever get the correct link to their website? what of the spring rates?
http://www.d2racingsport.com/type-street.htm about half way down it lists the part number.

I'm still waiting for am email to confirm front and rear spring rates
1985 JB Starion #157
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

I assume, being that it is a group buy, that we have no choice on the matter of spring rates?
quest wrote:
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:I assume, being that it is a group buy, that we have no choice on the matter of spring rates?
He did mention something about an extra cost. See earlier post. But personally wouldn't bother. The spring rate have been matched to the Starion weight and shock. It might be too late now anyhow. I guess if you really hate the spring rates you can get another set later.
Last edited by TOMSUN on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I got a response from D2.
Just for reference the spring rates are 8.7kg/mm for front and 5.3kg/mm for the rears.
1985 JB Starion #157
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

That's great! Thanks for slotting me in and the kind words :) :)

Got details from your PM and funds should be in by tomorrow!

:beer Mal

PS. Don't forget to order 9 lots.....
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L