photos of my Sapporo

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Barney, do u have any pics of the manifold? I'm going to make one when I get a better turbo. Any idea of what it weighs? I like the ease of using steam bens as welding would be heaps easier than stainless, but the bends are so heavy
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Barney
Scorpion King

Exhaust manifold

Post by Barney »

It was over a year ago that i Built the manifold. but i dont have a photo.

I dont recall it being that heavy, not much more than the standard one. maybe 5 kgs.

there is only about 8 bends, 4 short 90deg & 4 Long 90deg + 2 inchs of straight pieces, then the collector box and two flanges.

If your chasing a stainless on there is one for sale at www.mogwa.org
go to forum then to for sale then to page 2. looks like its still for sale as the only reply was in the USA.

Regards

ASHLY
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

I saw this car in person today and must say, it is an absolute beast. :shock:

Should put out some big numbers once the new intercooler is on!!

Well Done Ashly.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

Big numbers? How big?
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Barney
Scorpion King

how big ?

Post by Barney »

Hi Guys

Trent i hope those parts helped you out, did you get it going?

How Big, oh the presure is on :!: . I would like 200hp @ the wheels. but maybe asking to much as the engine internals are standard.

It makes 156hp ATW @ 4200rpm at the moment, im happy with that amount of power at such low revs, but it falls of rappidly after 4500.

I drove it today for the first time in about 2 weeks. Shit it felt fast :) . I can only imagine 200hp :D

I have posted more pictures to my pbase A/C. So if you guys want to look your more than welcome. There are still more to come but my works Firewall keeps blocking me from uploading them :(

ASHLY

www.pbase.com/ashly/inbox
Last edited by Barney on Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Ashly said he got it dyno'ed a while ago but it wasn't tuned the best and the current intercooler is a major flow restriction.. it only did 120 or 130KW @ wheels @4000RPM on low boost.

Seeing the mods done, I would expect it to make WAY more than that with the better flowing intercooler, more boost and a dyno tune.
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Rev i hope those parts helped you out, did you get it going?
Yep, helped a ton!! Got that injector wiring all sorted out -- just need to buy 1 piece of piping to finish the turbo to TB pipe and I will be (hopefully) able to get it running! :D
Barney
Scorpion King

photos

Post by Barney »

Hi guys

Iv added the rest of the photos. including the surge tank and more engine photos. if your interested

ASHLY

www.pbase.com/ashly/inbox
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

dyno day

Post by tmz_99 »

u gonna run it @ the mogwa dyno day or coming as a sepctator?? *analyses his chances of winning :P*
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I think big numbers for a 2lt start at 200kw@wheels, but even that's not really big, compared to dohc's from mitsu and the others
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Barney
Scorpion King

power

Post by Barney »

well i put the question to you guys. What sort of power would you expect with the mods i have done :?:

just remember the internalls are standard :!:
and all dynos are different

ASHLY
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

well i put the question to you guys. What sort of power would you expect with the mods i have done
I am no expert but I would think your current setup, except with the better intercooler and say 12-13 PSI instead of 8-9, you should be making somewhere around 170KW @ Wheels... even with the standard internals...

120KW@ Wheels sounded very low for what mods it has..

What are the specs on that new camshaft you were going to put in?
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

Why guess hp figure's? wait till its been on the dyno and dont stress about it till then. You may be suprised you may be dissapointed. Either way you'll know what your mods have done
Barney
Scorpion King

power

Post by Barney »

I dont really care so long as it gives me a thrill :D

No im not running at the MOGWA dyno day, iv started the project of fitting my new intercooler. But i will be there watching :) . I have had my car tuned there so i know what it will do at the moment.

Still thinking about replacing the cam as well, don know if i should. im a bit worried about losing low down torque.

ASHLY
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine