STARION D2 COILOVERS - GROUP BUY - A$1,220 landed

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
TOMSUN
Group buy King

STARION D2 COILOVERS - GROUP BUY - A$1,220 landed

Post by TOMSUN »

OK...

Hands up who wants a set of Coilovers?

So the USA guy, he's doing them for US$1,300 but if I buy 5 sets he'll knock US$500 off the total price. And disount the shipping to US$250 a set.

So 5 sets US$1,300 x 5 - $500 = $6,000. eg US$1,200 + US$250 shipping.
= US$1,450 = A$1,495... Exhange rate 0.97 (inc. currency conversion fee)
Then add 10% Import Duty and then add 10% GST.
APPROX A$1,810 Landed in Australia.

I'm looking at different suppliers to get a better price. I'm sure I can get them cheaper, it just depends on how many people are intested.

*** UPDATE ***

Limited numbers. Was 5 but am trying to work on more. Continue to list your interest and how keen you are.

Price $1,220 landed (Syd) + interstate postage

*** YES THE LIST ***
1. TOMSUN - PAID $1,220
2. jk - PAID $1,220
3. Redzone - PAID $1,220
4. Thrash - PAID $1,220
5. Steve E - $1,220
6. MrBishi - PAID $1,220
7. JJH - PAID $1,220
8. Sargent_khan - PAID $1,230 ($10 extra)
9. JDSTAZ45 - PAID $1,220

*** POTENTIAL SECOND GROUP BUY??? ***
Rola - Quite interested
MitsuMadness - Keen but short cash
enthuzed - interested
NXTIME - interested
starionc - interested in dirt/rally option
John196701 - Interested

See the Starquest.com for more info.
Note: They require the front struts to be cut and welded. See link for photos.
http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/inde ... omsearch=1

So please list your interest in this thread. :beer
Last edited by TOMSUN on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 am, edited 23 times in total.
1985 JB Starion #157
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Pete do you need to weld your own stub axle on? I have yet to read the U.S post, but remember seeing a pic and thinking where's the front stub axle :?
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

I'm after 1 set but I was looking to get them delivered before xmas, what sort of time frame are you giving for this group buy Tomsun?

I was literally going to hit buy it now on ebay over the next couple of days, to get them in transit before the xmas shipping delays.

I assume I would need to pay freight from you to WA, this may be cheaper/easier for us West Ozzies to buy direct. The ebay seller quotes US$375 to me for airmail.
jb - white outside maroon inside
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

quite interested, are these for a narrow body too?
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

www.18u wrote:Pete do you need to weld your own stub axle on? I have yet to read the U.S post, but remember seeing a pic and thinking where's the front stub axle :?
Yep. Pics of the cut and weld in the linked thread.
jk wrote:I'm after 1 set but I was looking to get them delivered before xmas, what sort of time frame are you giving for this group buy Tomsun?

I was literally going to hit buy it now on ebay over the next couple of days, to get them in transit before the xmas shipping delays.

I assume I would need to pay freight from you to WA, this may be cheaper/easier for us West Ozzies to buy direct. The ebay seller quotes US$375 to me for airmail.
Give me till Monday to firm up an more competive price. PM me if you don't get an update by Tuesday.
As for freight, it won't be too bad. Eg. Transdirect.com.au quoted $63 for Postcode 2170 to 6000 (Perth). APPROX Dimensions and Weight. 60cmx40cmx12cm, 30kg. (Guesstimate?)
Rola wrote:quite interested, are these for a narrow body too?
Yes. One of the USA guys has fitted a set to his "flatty" and is very pleased with the results.
1985 JB Starion #157
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

interested :beer
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'm keen but $1810 is a bit wow, i might PM the guy who organised the whole thing on SQC and see if he can put me in touch with someone at D2 who can arrange a friendly price
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

I have been looking at these on eBay too!! Cos they're selling them there as well. I am SO DEFINITELY interested, BUT I don't have any money at the moment cos I'm spending it all on buying my shed. So I will be seeing how it all goes and hopefully buying some at a later date for the track car. :)
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I'm potentially interested depending on price. I already have coilovers, but I'd be interested in giving them a try to compare.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Price update.

At this stage A$1,220 in Sydney. Plus postage to interstate.
I use www.transdirect.com.au who are very competitive. Eg. Worst case is to WA an that was Approx $60 odd.

Guy on the list please confirm if you want to go ahead, if not let me know so someone else have them.

Anyone else who is keen, still list your interest in this thread as I might be able to order a couple more if you're quick.

This Group Buy represents a $600 saving compared to buying and importing a set as an individual!
1985 JB Starion #157
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

while I know they are brand name, question is, how good are they really? been reading reviews of them and there seem to be a number of forum people who complain about the brake line mounts on the D2 coilovers..

other than ride height adjustment, what benefits could these have over, say, decent springs and koni externally adjustable shocks?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

i had these D2s on my old VR4
good coilovers
and they do ride well
but yes the way they mount the brake lines where abit shity but nothing that couldnt be fixed easy.
if i needed these i would buy a set!

Tomsun: it says in your first post Very limited numbers only 5.
does it still apply?
what happends if you buy more than 5 do you get a better price?
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Brilliant :) I'm in for sure. PM me any payment requirements Tomsun , very nice work on the price :D
jb - white outside maroon inside
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

one please! :beer
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

ahh screw it, i'm in for a set as well - definate!
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol