I want to show off my car. :)

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

I want to show off my car. :)

Post by turbofusion »

I'm the front one with the goofy tail pipe.

And here's my engine:
I made 387whp and 417wtq at 22psi on e85. Going back for more soon, I hope.
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

Nice man,Love the tailpipe,you could use it for shooting mortar rounds I suppose. :D
arhh,the advantage of having a LHD=heaps of room for a big turbo
**83 MITSUBISHI STARION DASH EX **
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

That is one very cool engine bay. Tidy with none of that secondary air filter stuff. Gotta love the aussie magna intakes!

Thanks for the pics as it gives me a little inspiration. :beer :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
fugazi
Enthusiast

Re: I want to show off my car. :)

Post by fugazi »

turbofusion wrote:I made 387whp and 417wtq at 22psi on e85. Going back for more soon, I hope.
More spec's please!?!? :D
What turbo?
What IC?
Standard gearbox?
Elsethings?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

^^^^ Yeah, that is one very neat and tidy engine bay. Nice power figures as well. Car is very nice also - exhaust good for a laugh LOL

Must be a nice driver with that torque and boost combining.

Well done :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Re: I want to show off my car. :)

Post by turbofusion »

fugazi wrote:
turbofusion wrote:I made 387whp and 417wtq at 22psi on e85. Going back for more soon, I hope.
More spec's please!?!? :D
What turbo?
What IC?
Standard gearbox?
Elsethings?
O-ringed block, Marnel head with smoothed and polished combustion chambers, Schneider 6610 HD valve springs, a 274 cam by them as well, stock valves with a "race" grind on them I guess. Wiseco forged 7.8:1 pistons which might actually be more like 7:1, but the block was decked a bit as was the head, so I don't know my real static compression. Stock rods were shotpeened, crank is 20/20 under, ARP rod bolts, ARP headstuds @ 100ft/lbs.

Treadstone cast exhaust manifold, tial 38mm WG, Precision billet 6262 ported cover turbo with .82A/R exhaust, 3" exhaust, 2.5" I/C pipes, Apex'i GT core "skyline" intercooler. 24x12x3" core, Greddy Type R BOV, Magna intake with 70mm TB, 1000cc injectors, E85 fuel, AEM EMS with a DSM harness, DSM CAS machined to fit in the back of the head, cam modified to drive CAS.

Fidanza 240mm flywheel with a SPEC stage 3+ clutch rated at ~540lbs capacity. It's slipped twice. Stupid clutch. Stock transmission, stock driveline, clicking half shafts, etc. Never bled the rear brakes... maybe I should.

I hung with a 6.0 GTO (Monaro) with a rear mount turbo that made 530whp. Stayed door to door with an '03 z06 corvette with I/H/E to 120mph. I don't do pulls in 5th for fear of breaking the tranny, haha. Already did that to one. Besides, all serious races occur beyond 150mph, which i couldn't get to anyway.

Was that longwinded? lol.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

NICE!!!! Image
The Precision6262 is capable to deliver a lot more... not that the GB needs it, but still! :D
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

Yeah, people with engines that actually flow air have seen over 700whp from this turbo, haha.
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

Last thursday I went back for more tuning after the cam upgrade.

This was the last clean pull and where it's been since then:

And this was one more psi, but the small piece I welded to the cam to drive the cam angle sensor broke off and I had to trailer the car home.

But I got it fixed last friday and took it out. 1.5 evenings of fun and beating cars I shouldn't be able to beat. The saturday night, right as I was about to try my luck against a 600whp civic, the clutch gave out and it won't hold any power. Drives around fine though.

Now I have to figure out tranny stuff, but oh well. I got a taste, and it still wasn't enough. lol. More to come later. Thanks for looking.
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandull »

That is a lot of power.
Agatha the ugly Starion
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

That's a lot of TQ for a poor little gearbox.... :D
turbofusion
Lil' Dorifto

Post by turbofusion »

So it's been a long time since I posted last, but here's where my car sits at the moment. This is an EIP "cannon" sheet metal intake manifold. I'm nearly done installing it; all that is left is wiring, and only a little bit of that.

I had to use an inline thermostat since they never made provisions for one with this manifold.

Here's the full engine shot:

Hope you like it!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

man that thing must peel your cheeks to the rear window at 3500rpm..

i need to get my GSR-VR MPI'd asap, see what the GT3076R spits out with a proper setup!

has anyone B2B'd an eip cannon to a magna before?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

What Dave said ^^^^^

Well done. The 2.6 is not to be sneezed at is it. :beer

In the widey, this motor is just such a perfect match. Good torque and capable of handling some boost and it all just seems 'there'. I can see why you USA guys wonder at our fascination with the Twin Cams when you can get so much torque/power out of a well thought out 2.6 set up. If I were on your side of the ocean I too wouldnt give a second thought to the TC. I'd just be doing exactly what you guys are doing. There is no substitute for torque is there.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I, too, would like to se a comparison between the Magna intake and the EIP (and/or other aftermarket) intakes.

And I agree, the 2.6 isn't that bad an option.

Never heard of that cast exhaust manifold - interesting.
I am also a fan of the PT turbos - top work.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T