What other pistons fit 2.6?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

Adriano wrote:For what you are after i would be trying to run high 8's :1 as a minimum. With an intercooler there is no reason you cant run 14 psi and 9:1
MMMMM so shaving 1mm off the head might be the go, good to know!
might just chuck it together for now and see how she goes, I have an M6 magna head here to fit at a later date, anyone know what the compression chamber CC's are for standard compared to M6?
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

Nosaki Faki wrote: MMMMM so shaving 1mm off the head might be the go, good to know!
might just chuck it together for now and see how she goes, I have an M6 magna head here to fit at a later date, anyone know what the compression chamber CC's are for standard compared to M6?
about 70 cc from memory - also for every mm you remove from the head or deck you retard the cam timing about 1 deg

I run a 2.6 N/A and to get any where near enough comp I remove 3.5 mm from a magna head
if you do remove material from the head/deck or fit an after market cam and need to get the timing back I do a redrilled gear so the cam can be dialed back

PM me if you need one
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
Nosaki Faki
I like starions

Post by Nosaki Faki »

Thanks cheater I will keep that in mind when I change the head.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving just wasn't your sport!