JA Rebuild updates

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Now that should be piece of mind for reliablity with the changes you've made.
I am a bit baffled why the I/C would be in the way of the radiator and now the use of the TC06 hampers the use of your I/C piping? The turbo can be turned in the right position and we will check where the I/C was positioned.

The remapped ECU is designed to have the I/C installed...so it wont be a good idea to fang it hot conditions!!

We will check the location of my I/C compared to your old set up!

:beer
Last edited by JDSTAZ45 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Vulpes wrote:Could it be ? Is it possible my car is finished ? Sorted out my cooling issues with new radiator. Bought some water wetter from ebay just in case. New turbo is on ( no more smoke ! ) finally, finally it should be reliable to drive. We are off into the mountains next weekend so I hope to take it up the bells line of road. We will see how the test run goes today.

Very long list of things done.

No wonder I'm tired. Its been a long and expensive 17 months. I will never sell this car, I could not imagine somebody using it as their daily hack and destroying it all over again. Hopefully one day when I die it will go to my son ?
Great work! How did you fix the seatbelts?
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I simply pulled them all apart and sprayed some WD40 in the innards. They are a pretty complex little piece of kit in there so dont lose the small plastic inertia clips etc.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :glare: :glare: :glare: :roll: :roll:
Just started the car and the turbo is hitting inside somewhere. I noticed when I picked it up from them and spun the wheel it seemed like it was hitting but just put it down to no oil pressure. Very sad, must now pull it all apart again and take it all the way back to them.
Krorz
Big Dorifto

Post by Krorz »

Vulpes wrote:I simply pulled them all apart and sprayed some WD40 in the innards. They are a pretty complex little piece of kit in there so dont lose the small plastic inertia clips etc.
That was my guess, thanks for the quick answer. WD40 is really the ultimate weapon :D
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Krorz wrote:WD40 is really the ultimate weapon :D
Smells fantastic too!

Not having much joy Vulpes. Don't you just love redoing things? It's close to my least favourite thing in the world...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Took the turbo all the way back to them this morning and they rang and said they had used a tin heatshield instead of the cast iron one :(
Should be back on teh road Wednesday evening.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Adfter driving it couple of weeks ago to Wisemans Ferry it was slipping in the clutch and could not change gear well by the time i got home. I now have the clutch out again and found the flywheel was worn and only hitting the clutch periodically. So I am putting it back together this weekend i hope. Also the diff is coming out so I can replace a leaking seal on one of the shafts.