No Start

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
tony45
[P] Plater austaz

No Start

Post by tony45 »

Hi there , I have a 1982 Starion 2.0 litre ,as said before on this site ,could not get it to start everything seemed ok ,but then we found after lifting the injector housing off, with the ignition on we turned the engine over to pressurize the fuel system, on releleasing the ign. key both injectors were still spraying fuel out , it turned out to be water had got into the ECU (it does rain over here sometimes) through a rust hole in the front screen panel, we put another S/H ECU on it ,changed the engine oil and filter twice to remove petrol from sump now runs like a dream . Problem over here that parts are in short supply as the UK's weather makes the cars rust away , so there are not many left here .
Time won't wait
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Good to hear it's alive and kicking again.... :beer
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Hey Tony good to hear it's going a1 again
This is the best website for all your Starion info as the UK site seems to need a life support system
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
tony45
[P] Plater austaz

Post by tony45 »

OLD FART wrote:Hey Tony good to hear it's going a1 again
This is the best website for all your Starion info as the UK site seems to need a life support system
Your right there, trouble is Rust likes our climate and boy don't the early english and foriegn cars rust ,there.'s not many Starions about here in the UK seems to me, Secondhand spares are in short supply ,as before the Credit Crunch , every car breaker was crushing all their cars for scrap for China ,and probaly come back as coat hangers, just 3 miles down the road is the Uk's biggest container port ,75% of the containers that go out of there are empty !just shows what we export now . ie rubbish to China ,China exporting rubbish to UK ! USA have same problem ,I bought a coat over there , got back to UK looked inside coat it was made in China.
onyregards
Time won't wait