fixed headlight pics

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
scum
I'm Banned!

fixed headlight pics

Post by scum »

Well, here are some of the photos of my light project that I am wasting time doing instead of the motor :D (hope these pics work)

can anyone render (or whatever u call it) the photo of the front of the car and show what it will look like with the bonnet on and the gaps for the pop-ups welded up?

You can see some of the prototype plates here, as well as the newest 2 that I have just finished making. What a pain in the butt.

http://www.pbase.com/scum/inbox
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

I must say I think that is going to look very good. What headlight unit are you using?

I would love to be able to remove the pop-up headlight and the associated motor to run them. Would free up a lot of space and weight.

Keep posting pics as the project continues. Im keen to see how it will look in the end.

Perhaps a kit could be offered? :)
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

good pics of some great musicians dude.. but where are the lights?? :|

reminds me to book david bowie tickets for march.. :D

edit: ooh.. now the link works.. man, thats cool.. love the angel eyes.. :D what lights are you using?? I mite concider doing the same conversion.. this looks far more promising then the ones Ive seen on starquestclub.. :D :D :D

(would save weight too hey cookie?? get rid of those pesky hedlight motors.. :D :D)
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Thanks for the positive input, helps to justify all the time I have spent on it. So the pics don’t show up right away? What did I do wrong?? The lights are out of my gallant (type r?) front bumper, there the driving lights. I was thinking that Silvia lights could be used. The only downside it that so much metal would have to be cut out to hide the fog lights behind the front metal plate (so that only 2 of the 3 globes are visible, and disconnect the inside ones) this might make the car a little weaker? Anyway, the plates are made out of road signs (disused ones of cource) the only reason I started this was because the pop-up switch on the dash doesn’t work, now it isn’t needed so I don’t have to fix it. btw, gives HEAPS of room for intercooler pipe or an onboard monkey mechanic.

Warranty void if stupid.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

yeah, I was looking @ an onboard monkey as well.. damn usfull them, might chase the gremlins out.. :D :D

yeah, I'd love to get rid of those damn switches on the dash and get the space freed up so I can do something funky with the dash.. :)

for some reason the pbase I got linked to 1st had a whole lot of band pictures.. (placebo, david bowie, etc..) might have been a cache gremlin (wheres those monkeys when u need em?!?! :P )...
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: ...

Post by Cookiemonster »

tmz_99 wrote:for some reason the pbase I got linked to 1st had a whole lot of band pictures.. (placebo, david bowie, etc..) might have been a cache gremlin (wheres those monkeys when u need em?!?! :P )...
*Raises hand* Im the gremlin. I snuck in and fixed the link to the pics. It had a typo in it.
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

I'm extremely interested in seeing how this ends up.
I'd love to do this myself.
Steve E
should not drink and push buttons

Post by Steve E »

I was thinking(yes i know) of using tx3 or similar. I would still like to see your's when done.
Steve
pcuser51
I like starions

Fixed headlight

Post by pcuser51 »

:D Yes looks good; impressed with your fabricating skills would like to see a pick of it finished :)
CHEERS ALAN
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

I have a question, How are you planning on aiming the lights? There has to be some adjustment in case on moves and aims for the stars
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

That is damn sexy...

Definately interested if you can fabricate a few sets..

Oh and nice White Starion too :p

cheers

tom.
..More than meets the eye..
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

good question. dunno.
There are some up-down and left-right screws in the lights, these move them around a little but I think they are pretty good where they sit, luckily. As they are they come up fairly evenly on the shed door when closed and with it open light up the whole driveway but not the trees. Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.
As for kits the thought crossed my mind, for about 2 seconds. The prob is that my car seems to have had one or 2 small dents in the front. The fist set of plates I made where both left hand ones, I just flipped the cardboard template upside-down for the rhs, that plate went straight in the scrap bin. Unless I make a kit to fit perfect front ends it wont work, and how many cars really have a perfect front end? if anyone wants any ideas on how i did it, just ask. As for the fab skills, after the initial cutting out it is just a matter of locking a round tube the same dia as the curves in the headlight surround in the vice and beating the crap out of the plate with a lump of soft wood gaffed to the end of a hammer……. Just had a look at the pics, maybe I should push the light as far forward as I can, then have a 10mm or so white strip on top of it for the bonnet to line up with? Instead of making the bonnet close on top of the light. This will defiantly waste less light illuminating the surrounds. Ideas anyone?

Warranty void if stupid.
scum
I'm Banned!

attn: cusscuss

Post by scum »

hay cusscuss, buddy, pal, mate. is it possible to work your magic on that pic? or do i have to put the bonnet back on?

Warranty void if stupid.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Hey guys,
I would also love to see a finished one looking great so far. I did this up just before bed i know its rough but you get the idea.

Cheers
P.S great work man :)
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

HAY WOW!! Whose car is that?? :shock: that looks awesome!!
:roll:

hehe, thanks Camotec, might be rough but good for inspiration! I hope the guy I get to weld the gaps up in the bonnet does a slightly better job than that :D I did a lot of hard thinking today about these lights, they cant move forward or anywhere else for that matter, it just wont work. so I need to figure out wether or not the bonnet will follow the same contour the whole way along the front, I hope so coz it will look weird if it doesn’t.
I really need to get my butt into gear and finish them so any words or pics of inspiration are greatly appreciated.

Warranty void if stupid.