My new Widey : BRUTUS

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

MrBishi wrote:I don't think so! Come around and see for yourself. Remember that I have narrower rims and tyres front and narrower tyres rear.
Yes I checked mine against yours and the rear rims are identical but my fronts have 6mm more on the inside as well as 6mm more dish side so it will definately need to be 'moved'. I plan on having it looked at when it goes to the panel shop from Daves place. May need to pump the guard a little?
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Well we are getting very close now. Dave tells me that the motor is back in and all the pipe work finished (have seen a pic on my phone - maybe Dave you can transfer it?). The gearbox is bolted in and the EMS is being wired up. Hope to get up and have a look at it again in the next couple of weeks. There seems to be a bloody swarm of twin cam Starions coming out of garages at the moment, there will be another 4 on the roads very soon just here in Brisbane alone!
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

and here's the power steering bracketry i made up:

and here's a pic of the egg sauced manifold:

will make a heat shield for the bottom hose of course.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Dropped in to the workshop today and had a look. The engine bay looks better in the flesh! Connected the battery up and tested a few systems: head lights, tail lights, indicators, interior lights, dash, hazards, wipers all worked fine just the door mirrors and power windows are an issue. Hopefully with a little checking and playing they will be working soon. I am polishing the intake pipe up during the week and all going to plan will have the motor running in the next couple of weeks - Shit Dave just thought: we need an exhaust system!
There are heaps of small jobs I will need to finish off but they can be done once the mechanical and electrical systems are working and car is registered. Getting itchy feet now!! :D
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

What size and brand intercooler?
1985 JB Starion #157
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I will have to measure it up again as I can not remember the size. I think it is roughly 450x300x75 and I picked it up off a guy second hand for $100! It is not a PWR or other big name brand but it should, like about 90% of the cheaper tanks, flow very well. Any bigger would have been over kill and required the pipe work to 'grow' in length. With good airflow onto it I am sure it will do the job required.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Do you have a head on photo to show the height in reference to the chassis rails?
1985 JB Starion #157
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

It's up at Dave's work shop so will have to see if he can take one for you and measure it up at the same time.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'll be working on it tomorrow so i'll do it then. it is setup to fit perfectly in the widey airdam opening.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

How's it going? Is the intercooler silicon bends fouling on the front bumper brackets? Looks like it going to be a ver neat fit. Keen to see how it goes.

Also, what is the maximum width on of the intercooler? including inlet/outlet. :beer
1985 JB Starion #157
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

TOMSUN wrote:How's it going? Is the intercooler silicon bends fouling on the front bumper brackets? Looks like it going to be a ver neat fit. Keen to see how it goes.

Also, what is the maximum width on of the intercooler? including inlet/outlet. :beer
the silicone bends sit above the bumper brackets, no touching. now has the flexible oil cooler line set from brendan so they dont touch the metal lines there anymore! i'll measure the cooler if you like, but its just a tube and fin version of the common chinese bar and plate 450X300X76 cooler with the cast end tanks.

got the fuel tank back in and a few more little jobs done this week, hopefully get the wiring finished off next week as long as i dont get swamped with normal work..

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Sold the EVO today so need a new toy soon :D
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

what radiator are you running?

is it the same size as a stock one? have u just cut the car apart to fit the piping?

are they the ones you made a while back redzone?
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

iXNAY wrote:what radiator are you running?

is it the same size as a stock one? have u just cut the car apart to fit the piping?

are they the ones you made a while back redzone?
running one of my alloy radiators. i probably should bump that thread hey :D

havnt cut the car apart for the intercooler piping, just enlarged a hole on the drivers side and made a new one on the passengers side, done very very neatly and they look stock. also the pipes are tagged and bolted to the radiator support panel so they cant move.

iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

redzone wrote: havnt cut the car apart for the intercooler piping, just enlarged a hole on the drivers side and made a new one on the passengers side, done very very neatly and they look stock. also the pipes are tagged and bolted to the radiator support panel so they cant move.
it must be a tight fit looking at my car i didnt think you would fit it properly!

ps. post close up pics... :)
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P