Redzone's widebody GSR-VR

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Get the GT-C's best looking wheels and they hold their value well. (Well better than most wheels)
1985 JB Starion #157
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

www18U wrote:
Dam, You will have half a inch on me Don't tell the ladys
Shannon, half an inch makes the difference between love and lust :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

well shannon can sleep at night as they're actually 10.5's LOL rears he has are zero or -9 offset, fronts are 9 inch +9mm. her's a pic of the rear zero on:

i made him an offer which i think is above what they're actually worth, as they need refurbing. we'll see if he comes to reason.. i'd be getting the zero rears as they will definitely not scrub, and have just enough inner room between strut tube and rim (17mm) to run coil overs. i reckon the biggest you could fit on the back of one of these with coil overs without scrubbing is a -4mm 11" wide rim.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

10.5 with zero offset is perfect.
will look great
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

DISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Funny how you guys are wanting to claim haveing the most inches :roll:
Long long ago when I was a teenager it was the fashion to have chrome wideys usually the rims were reversed to get a wider track and big dish and the wide tyres on them (usually back only ) were called wankmasters LOL
They were useless in the rain but good for poseurs trying to impress their mates
ps my comments are not intended to hurt anyones feelings It's just a bit of history 4 the younger generation :D
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

lol, yeah, huge ass rims are really a waste on the street, and provide no performance improvement.. only for show..

they don't help you grip any better, as the contact patch is the same size - it's just the shape that changes between a thick tyre and a thin one.. plus they add to the rotating weight.. plus they have less capability to remove water from under the tyre if it's thicker..

the only time really thick tyres are of any use is when actually racing, where the excessive heat that needs to be absorbed by the tyre is more easily absorbed by a thicker tyre.

And i suppose thicker wheels would also give a wider track-- again useful in racing, but fairly irrelevant on the road eh?

but still.. DISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :beer
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i've never had big problems with aquaplaning with very wide rims, mainly because i always buy good directional tyres that are good at pumping the water out.. 1970's tyre technology was a different story though :wink:

these rims will definitely give an improvement for what i'm gonna use the car for.. but yes mainly for looks. cant resist it.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Looks like we need "Team Wankmaster" stickers hey Dave :wink:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'll make up some wankzone stickers LOL

jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

these wheels should look great
jb - white outside maroon inside
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I still love my Fool Injected stickers rofl
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

lol, now now, don't jump to conclusions.. nothing wrong with looking good (freakin awesome in this case actually) as long as you're winning what you've set out to do eh?

people will laugh and call you a wanker and other names until you beat them. then they will start copying you and the tables have turned :beer
quest wrote:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

in the modern age we live in, i dont think i'd find anyone that would call me a wanker if i had massively dished wheels like those...

also wide rims/tyres are important in upper level drifting, as you cannot maintain enough speed with skinny tyres to out run or keep up with your opponent. my mate josh sold his 1UZ powered AE86 because of this, and is currently building a 1UZ powered AE86 notchback that has tubs front and rear, and not much AE86 left in it...

so yes there is method to the madness, in some cases :)

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

you're gonn take the widebody drifting?

does that mean you will be making fibreglass guards for it? :P

1uz.. in an ae86... *drools*
quest wrote: