F/S:[WA] Starion 1982 JA (sold)

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
reedys1
Dorifto!

F/S:[WA] Starion 1982 JA (sold)

Post by reedys1 »

ok well it's time for me to sell, with the 2 new additions to the family there's no time for my hobbie car. so it's time to sell i'm starting of with $5,000.00 ono but any rsonable offers will be considered as i would rather see it go to someone who cares about there car then some of the local hoons who have shown some interst in the car.

ok so she's pretty much in original condition, guys on the forum who have seen the car just briefly mind you are Mr bender, Nachoman and Noddy

suites a deffinet collector as there aren't any modes except for the dash instrument panels which are blue and red and the sports steering wheel, but the originals have all been kept.

things i have done since owning the car.

1. remote central locking $300.00 22/Oct/2008
2. new front disc brakes, pads and wheel beerings $400.00 fitted 21/11/08
3. new clutch and machined flywheel and new slave cylinder fitted $525.00 24/Feb/2009
4. new pedders front shockies $352.00 fitted 20/Oct/2008
5. re-sprayed bonnet, front bumper, roof and doors $1,400.00 done 22/09/2008
6. drag link re-placed with reconditioned one (compliments of redzone) $385 fitted 21/nov/2008
7. new alternator $300 fitted 25/nov/2008
8. replaced all radiator hoses,heater hoses and fanbelts $220.00 done 24/10/08

total spent $3882.00 so as you can see i have spent a bit on the car so the asking price i feel is resonable plus all receipts have been kept to verify that it's been done by a machanic.

this is a very clean car.

Last edited by reedys1 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reedys1
Dorifto!

Post by reedys1 »

oops i forgot to mention i have heaps of spare stuff as well which is included with car purchase. additional belts, fuel filters, new start motor, air filter plus other stuff.
sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

Man that is very tidy.

Spewing I just spent close to your asking price on a paint job !

Couldve bought this instead :(
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

This car is great.
I first saw this car back in 2001, and it's still in great condition now.
$5000 is not an unreasonable amount of money for this car.
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Granny spec interior!

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

First attempt fails include:
-Changing indicator light
-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

This car is mint!!
a very good buy
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
reedys1
Dorifto!

Post by reedys1 »

still no takers??????
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

steve put it up on car guide you will sell it there!!
Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

I would buy it just on the grounds that a paint job on my current JA is going to cost a fortune anyways... Except it's got such a granny's paint job and not even modern granny-spec, 80's granny-spec, which is worse :P

-Ash
Friends call me Ashgan or Ash... But you can call me failchanic. If there's a routine maintenance job that exists on a starion, then chances are i've failed at it.

-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
reedys1
Dorifto!

Post by reedys1 »

hmmm Ashgan not sure where there was a place on my post asking what your oppinion on the car was. i let your first one go but posting the same response twice. may your paint job turn out streaky and full of runs. if you ain't buying or selling then please don't waste my time. :twisted: :twisted:
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Who the heck is Ashgan and who cares about his opinion, I think it's an awesome car, Im just glad your in WA not NSW or else it would be in my shed already !! Good luck with the sale, worth every cent.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

dont be in a hurry to sell it mate, selling a starion takes TIME. usually a few months for a good one at a proper price, which yours seems spot on. the only way to sell one in a hurry is to cut your own throat, and you dont want to do that.... and austarion is probably the worst place to sell a starion lol. X2 on advertising elsewhere..

good luck wiith the sale!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Ashgan wrote:I would buy it just on the grounds that a paint job on my current JA is going to cost a fortune anyways... Except it's got such a granny's paint job and not even modern granny-spec, 80's granny-spec, interior which is worse :P

-Ash
"and not even modern 80's granny-spec interior" ?

It's a friggin Starion forum what did you expect '09 BMW 5 series ?
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

reedys1 wrote:if you ain't buying or selling then please don't waste my time.
Apparently doesn't apply to Vulpes...
Vulpes wrote: "and not even modern 80's granny-spec interior" ?

It's a friggin Starion forum what did you expect '09 BMW 5 series ?
All i know is that my Starion's interior is pimp and in no way granny'ed out. This one looks like something Margarett Thatcher should be cruising in - which isn't an insult, it just suits those of the wrinkley variety. Reminds me of the granny driving the Starion in the Jackie Chan flick 'wheels on meals'.

-Ash

-Changing spark plugs
-Changing belts
-Changing airfilter
-Changing oil
-Removing rear strut
-Replacing front strut
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Im not the one bagging this guys car out Ash, you are. Im just sticking up for him and defending the austarion website and the cars it represents. If you dont like the interior of a starion and want yours "pimped" then good for you but dont attack a standard starion that is in great condition for its age. They are becoming all too rare.
Im not the one wasting his time here and it is hardly relevent to put in a quote by him directed AT YOU and then try and turn it around to be used against me.
Do you have any pics of your "pimp" starion Ash ? we sure would like to see what a proffessional job you've done on it.