hmmm...who has the fastest starion

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
David
I like starions more

Well, since it is a discussion....

Post by David »

Hmmm.

The "Fastest" Starion I know of became an airplane down the straight at Barbagallo raceway. Had a 3000GT engine in it. Was supposed to do well over 300 K's. I'd write it off, but I think it's being rebuilt.

Jayfitz knows more about that one.

I know I have one of the "quickest" but that's because of it's torque and the 4.625 ratio diff. But I know for a fact it's also one of the slowest (and most likely *is* the slowest in Australia). Top speed - 185 KPH. With Rally tires (larger diameter) even. So if it's the slowest properly working Starion on the road, I can claim that title :) That's at around 8000rpm in 5th too!

Paradoxx has a damn fast one - and very quick also. VR-4 conversion. Very nice. I think it does around 250.

Probably the fastest "Normal" Starion still around and driving is Ron's car, which I think has been clocked at just under 300Kph unless I'm mistaken. (This is thinking back to an old post). Since his still drives, and can probably still do that, I'd suspect he's the winner.

However, if you still have a SOHC engine, and can get it up over 220 without too much difficulty, on a straight and level stretch, then you can count yourself as having one damn fast car. Be proud.

I suspect most Starions tend to top out at 190-200K's unless modified.
That's just under 6K RPM in fifth.

Hope this adds value to the discussion. :)

Regards
David
davidbek95
I've been here before

mine is the fastest

Post by davidbek95 »

Mine is the fastest by a long way,no other starion in mackay can get near it ,or even see the taillites. rofl rofl rofl

P.S. mine is the only one here in mackay that i have seen for a long time.so beat that(who started this)
my say david
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I actually like this thread. You can crap on under the disguise of just fooling around or like David be objective and reasonable. Mucho funno.

I agree with David, I think Rons Group A Race car would be the pick as the winner for normal go/stop/turn critera but I also have seen NxTime hit it in his and it plain scared the f*ck out me just watching from the footpath.

This issue is one that could be sorted with a "challenge" at State level with a National Shootout at our proposed Starion Nationals. Hows this for a possible format.

Event 1 - Dyno shootout.
Event 2 - Drag day - qtr mile times. Start to finish end of story
Event 3 - Circuit Day - 5 timed laps. Average times count for placings with a prize for fastest average speed on single lap.

Each event would carry some sort of weighting to give an overall classification with "awards" for each individual category.

I would be interested in this if there was some likeminded people
amongst us. I think it would be interesting.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Does it matter that 95% of the parts you've just bolted onto your car are not Starion parts or even Mitsubishi for that matter?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

So long as it looks like a Starion, breaks down like a Starion and drives like a Starion you can enter.

A special class for Toyota Starions :wink:

I would like to think the spirit of it having a 4g63 motor as its base would apply.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

My starion is soo fast it's actually a cordia! :shock:
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

i have hit 225 in my staz on the way back from wallaroo....had to slow down coz of the bend comin up in the rd...but reckon it could hit the 230 mark...mate got a bit trigger happy an took the photo at 215...so seemin as i dont have the proof of 225 youll just have to make up ya mind if u beleive me...lol.... that was at just under 6000rpm.
was pretty impressed with my mates stock VS commodore 2..only had the 6 in it an that hit 220...just took a bit longer to hit...lol
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

pic on the side was taken doing about 140...hehehe was probably the slowest we went the whole trip
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Just in case any of you are wondering who JayFitz is, that would be me.

Some people are a little behind the times... ; )

The twin turbo Starion that decided to try it's hand at flying on the straight at Barbagallo Raceway, was 3.0l V6 Twin Turbo powered beasty a la 3000GT/GTO.
It APPARENTLY would do 0-100kmh in 4 seconds flat.
That's fast...if it's true.
Anyhoo, the car hit 260kmh, the front came up, and it landed on it's roof.
The driver walked away with a lacerated wrist, which happened getting out of the overturned car! :o
I am digging for a photo, and I'll let you know if I find one.

As for mine...well let's just say that the red JA is not especially fast, although it does handle baby!
And the grey JB? Well let's just say that when I'm done, it will intimidate, humiliate, and constipate.
Hehehe ; )
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

There are alot of 'fast' * cars in theroy, but not vary many in practice.

The term fast could be interpreted in differing ways, such as down the quarter or around a track. Aropund the track, I would have to say Ron's Group A. Down the quarter, I can't go past the posted results that the red VR4'd Starion (AXELR8?) in SA has done - 12.4 I think?

Having said this, there are alot of cars that actually feel and look like they are fast but haven't got any ET's or lap times to show it yet.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

Mine has a theoretical top speed, unfortunately i have the 180km/h speedo still and i'm not game to take it much past 6 o'clock (needle pointing straight down) on these f(*&ing victorian roads. I need to find a G-tech dammit! Hopefully in 4 months time it'll dominate the Perthibian roads again :P

Steve.
Rallyant
the2.6man

Re: mine is the fastest

Post by Rallyant »

davidbek95 wrote:Mine is the fastest by a long way,no other starion in mackay can get near it ,or even see the taillites. rofl rofl rofl

P.S. mine is the only one here in mackay that i have seen for a long time.so beat that(who started this)
my say david
U ever go up to Townsville. saw 2 yellow starions always croozin the strand. will have to chat to them next time i drive up.
Rallyant
the2.6man

Fastest

Post by Rallyant »

there not in australia but is proof again that 2.6 is the only realy way to be fast
http://www.t-racing.com/Racing2.6Cars.htm

haha just stirin fellas
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

See, its a good thread

Post by WANTSOM »

Yeah I forgot about he Red JA that Charlie was talking about. BTW Charlie, you DID scare the F*ck out of me that night!!! :o

There are a lot of quick Starions around and it would be cool to have some results up. 220k's is mighty quick in a Starion and lets not forget Kelfy's "white knuckle ride" with pics to prove it. :D

I forgot to say also, in my original post when I said "crap on" I meant it as in having some fun and a stir, not as in B/Shitting and believing it.

Just gotta work out a way to get the K1W1's over here for a run. I hear they like a "social drink" as well.

Cheers
Greg
davidbek95
I've been here before

visiting townsville

Post by davidbek95 »

I was in townsville on tuesday until thursday nite i never seen any starion up there,but i never went to the strand, to many idiots there for me,policeman's paradise,as i would like get contact with them as i will upagin soon as i will be in the starion, getting it retuned by bob hawkins,so any from townsville is a member send me a pm so let u know when i am going up there.I do know of one starion up there it just got fitted with a ball bearing in brisbane as from the same place i got mine from.It not quite made 200rwhp with standard computer.
regards the fastest in starion in mackay