Lunacy's Targa Car Build

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

dirtygalant wrote:
Lunacy wrote:
Junkers wrote:Is that a sohc or dohc plenum?
DOHC plenum off a VR4 galant.
An Evo 0 too none the less.
Really? Whats the difference between the vr4 and evo 0 ones> This just came with a vr4 head i bought.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well have now finished welding in new pieces into the front part of both rear quarters, and have ground both back and put a coat of filler over them.
The 2nd one was definitely easier than the 1st, i think due to taking alot more care cutting the new piece - only took 1 attempt to cut it and weld it right.
Hardest thing i found for anyone who is wondering, was welding the inner guard to the new piece as its a tight spot to get the mig handpiece in to.
Suffice to say there is ALOT of weld in there but its gonna be solid as :)
So tomorrow will be block sanding the filler back, refilling it, sanding it back until its nice and smooth and ready to prime.
Few more pics

Tacked

Filled

Last edited by Lunacy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well while the touch up filler was drying got into cleaning up and repainting my hubs.
Very slow process sanding back each layer of filler trying to get it perfectly smooth and straight.
At least hubs came out nice. Also got 3 out of 4 temporary mounts on my racepro seat done too so at least can sit in it now :)
Heres the hubs, all going well she will be rolling by wed arvo :)
Last edited by Lunacy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Busy little boy arent you :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

WANTSOM wrote:Busy little boy arent you :beer
Perks of only having to work 5 months a year :) :beer
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

What job would that be???
1985 JB Starion #157
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

TOMSUN wrote:What job would that be???
Navigator on a cargo ship, i do 4 weeks on 4 weeks off and get 4 weeks annual leave a year as well :) Very conducive to working on the car, just have to put up with being at sea in the middle of winter :(
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Well been busy again today, trying to get her rolling by tomorrow nite :)
Although kinda got sidetracked as decided to mount my racepro seat instead sanding more filler :)
Was actually quite easy to make the mounts, far easier welding 3mm steel than panel stuff :)
This seat is only temporary anyway just to use while cars stripped til it gets caged :)
Also sanded back drivers rear inner guard and repainted it too today.
Downer was finding out that crank i recently got off JAS won't cut the mustard for just a polish, needs grinding as well. So still looking for a gd 4g63 crank if anyone has one.

Pics
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Sorry to hear that the crank is no good mate. Ive got a lead on another crank. Ill let you know when I get it. Might pay to get it checked down here though.

Seat looks great mate :beer
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

shoes look great too :beer
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

JAS wrote:Sorry to hear that the crank is no good mate. Ive got a lead on another crank. Ill let you know when I get it. Might pay to get it checked down here though.

No probs mate was worth a try, il just keep an eye out til i find one - let me know if ya do hear of any.
Amazing how comfy that $50 seat is although would prob be better if i lost another ten kg haha :)
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

thrash wrote:shoes look great too :beer
Yeah thems shoes have been angle grinded more times than i care to remember :)
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Lunacy wrote:
dirtygalant wrote:
Lunacy wrote: DOHC plenum off a VR4 galant.
An Evo 0 too none the less.
Really? Whats the difference between the vr4 and evo 0 ones> This just came with a vr4 head i bought.
Evo 0 says 'ECI MULTI' and 'Turbo Intercooler' while standard VR-4 says 'CYCLONE' and 'Turbo Intercooler' - both are the dual runner 'cyclone' system intake. N/A ones either say nothing at all or 'ECI MULTI' and are single runner.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Lunacy wrote:
JAS wrote:Sorry to hear that the crank is no good mate. Ive got a lead on another crank. Ill let you know when I get it. Might pay to get it checked down here though.

No probs mate was worth a try, il just keep an eye out til i find one - let me know if ya do hear of any.
Amazing how comfy that $50 seat is although would prob be better if i lost another ten kg haha :)
Not enough work and too much play can do that to you :mrgreen: LOL
How about doing some laps around Oz as there is a silver JB that could do with the Bryce treatment :D :beer
PS I've got 4 cranks you can choose from as well so you had better come over again for another footy match :)
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

OLD FART wrote:
Lunacy wrote:

Not enough work and too much play can do that to you :mrgreen: LOL
How about doing some laps around Oz as there is a silver JB that could do with the Bryce treatment :D :beer
PS I've got 4 cranks you can choose from as well so you had better come over again for another footy match :)
Haha so true :)
If i could get another leave pass from the wife id be well keen to shoot over the ditch for another break, but think she mite want to come this time - that trip has already cost me 2 holidays in the next 3 months :shock: