Good suspension setup?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

i am in the process of converting the standard starion shocks with shorter rods and adjustable bound and rebound and ride hight on each cylinder, but things are getting held up due to the fact that NO ONE WILL SELL ME SPARE SHOCKS TO DO IT ON!!!! :glare:
but at the moment my fronts are almost done with 2 hours + $83 per strut. not bad really. now i just have to figure out how to re-mount the bottom spring plate over the thread and some sort of locking nut.....
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

What shocks do you need? Starion shocks or a suitable insert?
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

i was going to do it all on standard starion shocks. mine are gas but they will work fine with oil, that is the next thing, i need to come up with a good formula for them, i know someone who makes some awesome stuff for rally teams, but he wont tell me whats in it :(
he will make it for me, but i just wanna know whats in it so i can pick seals to suite.
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

I find that the starion housings are too tall above the spring perch... for the lowering job I like at least. Drop it 2" and it will spend alot of time riding on even the trimmed bumpstops. U can stiffen up your adjustables sure, but what does that do to your ride?
I'm gonna run kyb agx adjustable inserts in shortened stock housings on my stazz. Did it on the front of my ae86 with excellent results.
On 17" wheels, the staz looks sharp. I'll post pix when I get back to the suspension
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

If you fit it yourself you should be able to get a struts, springs and swaybars. Of all the items the biggest improvement will come from the swaybars.