another one grips the road again

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
paradox
I like starions

another one grips the road again

Post by paradox »

got it home yesturday, havent had a chance to get a daylight shot not on the phone camera but this is it! :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

awesome dude, glad you got a JB. had much of a chance to go right over it yet?

your mum got up me on the weekend for tempting you to buy a starion LOL
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

Haha, yep always another person to blame rofl
I'd liked the starions i saw before i left up there years ago, just remembered them when i saw you in the summer. Must be your fault :D

yeh its a good little find! short diff lsd, interior has a few spots that need some attention but i think its terrific still. Boost cont taken out but is with me, parcle tray that had speakers taken were put back in and 2 tyres extra came with it. lift back struts need looking at, p/s leaks a little and the turbo stopped on the trip home - I don't know why but its fine now so i think it just got too hot. fuel consump seems a little high even for a starion though that could be the short diff contributing but there was a leak near the air intake also to check.
Not the quietest car for 3 hours along the highway though, ear protection was a good idea to bring for that rofl

Can forget all that though, I absolutely luv driving it and feels like a real car, still goes too so thats a bonus.
I'll put some more pics up in the coming days and i need some help in what to do on the engine, for now i've just left it since its still running.
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

cleaned it inside and had a bath.

beamz
[P] Plates

Post by beamz »

Wow looks real nice. Love the two tone look. Very straight... how does it go?Is the paint a metallic?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

awesome dude its almost a twin of the car i'm selling for $6500.

paint colours are seychelles red over chateau beige. yes that red is metallic.. honestly you'd be doing well to buy a starion that doesnt have the little issues that you have in that one. the drivers door has obviously dropped at some stage, you can see where someone's been hammering on the door to open it by the common as damage to the door trim. if it is sticky to open, simply adjust the hinges.

i might have to come down for a holiday in the summer and give you some pointers :D
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

ps that intercooler piping is super homosexual LOL

paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

haha Yeh mate would be great if came down for a visit, I'll put the heater on now start warmin it up for ya :D
and i think the exaust noise was to make up for any piping in there, already had 2 people complain about it and a few not happy with it idling away.
drivers door is sticky mate! not too bad but the first few times it happened, put my arm in the same place naturally to open it and realised why the trim was in bad shape.. I'll give ya a call some time too, sort out the throttle body leak etc. Oh and that little green laser next to it is my other car i had since i was a learner, never had a problem or broken down in the 4 years i've been driving it!!
cheers for the colours too.

Beamz - drives like a champion and it does get the looks is nice, only seen 3 on the roads around here but they in another town. wasn't a huge fan on the colour when i first saw it but it really grew on me when seeing it up close, as did the wheels that i will be keeping too, the fat tyers look the part on this one.
not even two days old and its already got great memories in it...
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandull »

Looks like Helens old car.
Agatha the ugly Starion
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

redzone wrote:ps that intercooler piping is super homosexual LOL
I thought that's how you guys rolled... you know... down under LOL...

That car is sweet, love the tails... trade?! LOL...

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

lol, thnks Rob, maybe if you got one cheaper to get goin :) but i already have some memories in this car :D

would think it does resemble Helens.. it is, don't think she was happy to see it go.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

oh yeah and about the exhaust, just get a straight through muffler welded into that recessed spot under the driver..

paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

have found the leak with the power steering fluid appears to be at the top of the gear box housing where the steering colum stops, has anyone else had a problem around here?
I will be taking it out soon to get it fixed but i'm not sure if its just a seal.
paradox
I like starions

Post by paradox »

fabric is a little brittle from the sun but this is the passenger seat left side adjustable back support restiched by hand. little slow but good result

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

nice one mate she looks good. if you're tricky you can swap the seat bolsters from drivers to passengers also.