JAS's Rebuild and twincam conversion. 302kw atw baby!!!

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Lunacy wrote:Looks mint mate :) Thats a few $$ worth of speedflow fittings but looks so gd i mite just have to do a similar setup myself haha :) Will hook u up for mine in a day or 2 :)
Shit man. Ive spent over $1000 on braided line and fittings!!!!

Theres a surge tank on trade me with heeps of braided line and fittings for only $250!!! The line and fittings would be worth almost twice that alone.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 432280.htm[/quote]

Yeah was just looking at that mite have to be mine i think :) BTW im using a Walbro 392 pump for the pickup from the tank to the surge tank which should be more than enough :) And only cost me $100 brand new with a fitting kit off a dude on SQC :)
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Lunacy wrote:
Lunacy wrote:Looks mint mate :) Thats a few $$ worth of speedflow fittings but looks so gd i mite just have to do a similar setup myself haha :) Will hook u up for mine in a day or 2 :)
Shit man. Ive spent over $1000 on braided line and fittings!!!!

Theres a surge tank on trade me with heeps of braided line and fittings for only $250!!! The line and fittings would be worth almost twice that alone.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 432280.htm
Yeah was just looking at that mite have to be mine i think :) BTW im using a Walbro 392 pump for the pickup from the tank to the surge tank which should be more than enough :) And only cost me $100 brand new with a fitting kit off a dude on SQC :)[/quote]

Looked to be a good deal that surge tank.
I looked at a Walbro, but they have big current draw and need the wiring beefed up.

I rang around looking for a replacement for the factory pump today. And the Price (trade) I got from Part Master was around $350!! Can get a bosch 044 for that! I can get a good MSD one for $300, from Jap Race supplies, which might be the go.
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Man that pricey!!! Cheaper to just get the Walbro and do the wiring. Not hard if u running battery in the boot.
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

All nice and painted :D

And a big thanks to Dannel (KiwiEuroSpec) for sorting me out a great deal on a factory replacement pump :D Your a legend :beer
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Looks great Jas :beer
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

I was looking through Trade Me the other week and found these....

Show Image: Image

I thought all my Christmas's had come at once!!!!!
They are a pair of Work VS 18x9.5's. The same style as what Ive got already but a inch wider :D which means I can run wider tyres than the 225's I have atm. Ill probably go for some 245's or 255's
Thanks to Lunacy too, for picking them up and sorting out getting them down from Auckland. :)

I also bought a new G4 Link computer. :D And Ive got my gearbox cross member and fuel tank back from the engineer. I had to mod the cross member to suit the Mazda box. And Ive had the fuel tank cut down. I had 55mm or so cut from the middle. I did this because it's far to big factory.... I couldnt get my Jack under it!! Plus I think it will also create much less under car turbulance at high speed. Ill put some Pics up in the weekend
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by bridgey »

looks awesome JAS, looks even better in the flesh, can't wait to see it on the road!
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

Fuel tank pics

And fitted

Gear box cross member

1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Great work JAS,

This car is look awesomer by the day :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Lookin mint mate :) I am over bog dust!!!
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

WANTSOM wrote:Great work JAS,

This car is look awesomer by the day :beer
Thanks mate :D Its turning out far better than I thought it would..... And cost way more than I thought it would too :roll:

Lunacy wrote:Lookin mint mate :) I am over bog dust!!!
It gets everywhere doesnt it.... Have you got one of those long sanding blocks? I used one on mine to help get everything flat. Worked quite well.
Have you got that crank yet?
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Lunacy wrote:Lookin mint mate :) I am over bog dust!!!
It gets everywhere doesnt it.... Have you got one of those long sanding blocks? I used one on mine to help get everything flat. Worked quite well.
Have you got that crank yet?[/quote]

Yep have got one, they work mint eh :) Its all just a time thing keep filling and sanding til shes totally flat. Hopefully have these bits in primer early this week so i can head to Queenstown on Thurs knowing ive achieved something haha :)
Yeah got the crank Fri morn, thanks again for that looks gold.
Will be dropping the block and bits off at the builders just before i go back to work on the 19th so it'l be all done by the time im home next leave :)
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

on a side note, noob question.. is it actually possible to get a repaired panel straight without bog?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

thrash wrote:on a side note, noob question.. is it actually possible to get a repaired panel straight without bog?
Yes. old school pannel beaters could get it very close to flat and then fill the rest with lead.
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

so bog is just the new substitute for lead?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol