Hey Y'all

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
83Starion
I like starions

Hey Y'all

Post by 83Starion »

Hey People,

just taking a big step, and asking people on what kinda price I would get for my starion? it's one of the better conditions ones I have seen,

no rust,
rebuilt motor (hasn't done 200 kays yet)
new power steering pump,
new xtreme heavy duty clutch,
new master cylinder & slave brake clutch cylinders
(non leaking eci)
all original (got white wheels now but do still have originals)
getting a TC06 turbo on soon

only thing wrong is some chips of paint came off the front bumper, and i touched them up with colour coded paint.

I have a figure in mind, but i'd thought i'd ask first

P.s I am actually after a Chrysler Centura as a project, so that's why I need some $$$

Cheers

Heath
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

We need to see some pics to determine worth accurately.
What's the inside like?
Matching interior bits can be hard to find in good condition.
Accessories?
Stereo?
Steering wheel?

The less that a prospective buyer has to spend to fix her up/modernise her, will obviously reflect the purchase price.
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

Cool no worries, i'll put some up,

Interior is grey, all original, dash not cracked
no cd player or speakers,
EVERYTHING works except for the headlight water squirters (couldn't figure that one pou lol)
no parcel shelf, grey carpet (unmarked along with roof lining)
original steering wheel, speedo says 250090, as I said got new engine,
been well looked after

Cheers
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

Here's a pic of engine and interior, BTW forgot to mention that it has not AIR Con pump. cheers

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I am no expert, but personally I would pay around $3000 for it if I was to buy it if you have the receipts for the motor. But lets see what everyone else thinks.
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

it was done by a mate of mine who works for mitsubishi in Launceston, Tas, I have reciepts from when I got the parts done at the machine shop, and rings and bearings brought etc. they are still about in a box somewhere coz the family jst brougt our first house, and as I said I am after a Centra. but thanks for your opinion bud
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

No problems, but yeah like I said, others might pay less or even more. More is always better :beer
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

Starions should be given out free with every birth certificate! Alas, in this crazy world we all gotta pay our way. Mine was in a bit better condition then yours, except some cracks in the seat leather, when i bought it. 179,000k's, CD player etc. I payed $4000 for it. I'm gonna sit with woody on this one, but i'm no expert. I'd pay 3k for it, maybe add a few hundred - tops - based on how the thing feels on a test drive.

-Ash
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

looks a bit rough around the edges with fading paint, missing stereo surround and cage, holes in the doorcards for speakers, and the front footwell carpets look a bit worse for wear. The engine bay could do with a tidy also, like putting the spark plug leads in the correct holders and do something about that non-stock crossover pipe - it almost looks like that piece of radiator hose you've used is a bit kinked in the middle.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

LOL fair enough, wanna see faded paint, have a look at the one on ebay at the moment, the outside of mine hasn't faded at all, I think it's a had a respray somewhere down the line, i'll have to go to a exhause shop for that cross pipe I reckon becuase it's a different housing on the turbo, need a temp solution lol
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

is it meant to be a light red/pink/magenta shade of red? what's that at the bottom of the front driver's door, specifically around the trim strip on the sill?

you could always rotate your compressor housing and then make a FMIC setup - would make it go alot better and might attract a higher value. What's on there at the moment looks like a temp setup to me!
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

I went in and got paint sample from the auto place and the said it's called Safari Red, mind you could be a different in the picture because it is tassie, hardly and sunshine lol, just had a look, down on the door is whiteish dirt which washed off, sorry wasn't the best pic, only one I had