BOV installation

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

Yep, those borg warners with extended tip technology and split pulse sure do spool nice and early without surge.

I wonder if the tc series turbos are more susceptible to end float wear as their bearing setup isnt the best. Thats why mine is being rebuilt by gtpumps, excessive end float. However the turbo is almost 10 years old and has been running 18 psi 220rwkw for 3 years now without a bov.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

all falcon turbos, xr6 and fpv all have factory plumbbacks

just thought you'd like to know
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

OLD FART wrote:Correct anti lag is better for no lag but it's hard on turbos as they have to be changed reguarly =$$$$$$$$$ but how long do you think you would get away with it on the street ???
lol of course its impractical on a street car, just giving an example of where in competition bov aren't used.

As for the nizpro interview, i dont know if it is how i am reading it but doesnt it sound like he is contridicting himself?
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Adriano wrote:Yep, those borg warners with extended tip technology and split pulse sure do spool nice and early without surge.

I wonder if the tc series turbos are more susceptible to end float wear as their bearing setup isnt the best. Thats why mine is being rebuilt by gtpumps, excessive end float. However the turbo is almost 10 years old and has been running 18 psi 220rwkw for 3 years now without a bov.
Hey Adrian I'm not giving your turbo back until you fit a BOV :)

cheers,
Mark
docile
Big Dorifto

Post by docile »

mrb1 wrote:
Adriano wrote:Yep, those borg warners with extended tip technology and split pulse sure do spool nice and early without surge.

Hey Adrian I'm not giving your turbo back until you fit a BOV :)

cheers,
Mark
What if you fitted a T series wheel instead ?

:)