Unmarked police cars

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Unmarked police cars

Post by OLD FART »

After reading Anchors adventures in the PIGMA and his rush of blood to the head when the ss ute egged him on at the lights I thought that you might want to know that one of our members has tested an XT6 Typhoon and wait for it a Ralliart Lancer and that xr goes harder than a 6 litre ss c/dore and the Lancer was noisy
H e says don't worry about the cops you see but worry about the ones you don't see
also have seen a awd blue Magna, grey Honda euro & a black XR5 Turbo
I guess the moral of this is do it on the track not on the road
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Amen, you would be retarded to race on the road and I reckon you get what you deserve.
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Over here the cops have everything, I have seen unmarked Suzuki 4x4's, Nissan pulsars (old ones) fords, holdens, at one point they had a few boyracer style cars like a 180sx, rx7 series 1 all decked out.... Well thats in Christchurch...
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Oh and I forgot a black HUMMER
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep good to see my tax dollars being spent wisely :shock:
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Ashgan
I like starions more

Post by Ashgan »

We can only hope that they're confiscated cars from people doing the wrong thing on the roads rofl

It's one thing to like going sideways or fast, but to put other people at risk while you're doing it is a different ball game.

-Ash
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

Over here (in the UK), we just have standard Volvo T5's, BMW 3 series and Jaguars all in black. All the emergency teams that deal with terrorist nonsense have Subaru Impreza WRX thingies.
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
LSD, Intercooler, ABS, leather interior, air con
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by bridgey »

there are now a couple of sti wrxs being run as cop cars in Christchurch
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

my first run in with the police was an undercover wrx.. the officer was really nice though.. i had a lot of respect for police in those days..

they aren't the same these days
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

i got pulled up by a cop in an R32 yesterday, about 5 mins before some crackhead truckie smashed my Corona into a squillion pieces :cry:
"Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too."- Keiichi Tsuchiya
gj2600.wordpress.com
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

They have a blue evo X and a Silver Evo X. A Black Ute, and Silver WRX with a massive sticker on back window... the list goes on.

Just so everyone knows, police use any confiscated car as a unmarked police car now. If you lose your car to them, it will still be on the street catching people. I think it is so unfair, but it keeps us all guessing.