Am I allowed to vent my frustration here??

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
83Starion
I like starions

Am I allowed to vent my frustration here??

Post by 83Starion »

as subject says?
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

That depends ?
Is it about Labour's inability to run an economy: YES
Is it about your wife / and or girlfriend: NO, we dont care that much
Is it about you not being able to get 200kw out of your starion: YES
Is it about about the fact that they changed the way we pronounce Nestle: YES
Is it about how people think they have some God given right to turn right on a red arrow just because they have been waiting: YES
Is it about how your Gay lover doesn't pay much attention to you: NO
Is it about the way the word "Partner" which is used by gay people to cover up the fact that their girlfriend/boyfriend has the same plumbing as them is now used by hetrosexuals: YES
:beer
Last edited by Vulpes on Sun May 17, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Just remember if you vent, don't get too upset if people take sides against you :beer
starspeed
Former Freak

grrrrrr

Post by starspeed »

:( Oh whats wrong :twisted: ? talk to uncle starspeed ! rofl pm me for a chat :D IM HERE FOR YOU !!!.....LOL
STARSPEED

86 COLTSPEED JD STARION ( my baby )
2000 MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER LS 4X4 ( daily driver )
2010 KIA SORRENTO R ( family car )
83 stebercraft 475 DF - 70hp johnson ( my toy )
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

Hehe thanks guys, made me a bit happier just reading those things...............nar what it is, don't get me wrong, had my starion for a little over a year now, (i'll get all the non related stuff out of the way first, i.e old man passed away in feb, lost my job 2 weeks before that, lack of $$) problems I'm sure people have on here.

I'm a bit of a home mechanic well i think i'm good for about knowing 66% of knowing qualified suff, but don't get me wrong, I do get stuff wrong, but my main point is, how much of a frustration in a starion to have/own/drive/maintain? sheesh..... LOL

I started off buying it from a fella, who said, "dunno what's wrong with it" (yeah right) got it home, it was safari red with a 95% paint in awesome condition so stickers or badges, original wheels, the fella said he brought it as a recoverable car from the auction in Hobart. so got it home, checked all the vitals, had a little oil on the stick, engine turned back and forth then 'clunk' wouldn't move tuned it back the other way 'clunk' pilled the starter motor out , conrod out the side of the block, (bugger) so started pulling the rest of the stuff off, pulled something else off and another sticking through (bugger bugger)

So new second hand engine later (rebuilt from scratch, all new parts) went ok, so now is the list of things that I fixed and brought

Battery
Small Interior Pieces
Wheel Alignment (normal Stuff)
Tyres (normal Stuff)
Power Steering Pump
New Turbo (old one wouldn't hit any boost until close to 5k) (car went beautifully with new one for 2.5 hours, piece of the rubber pipe from the airbox to the turbo went trorugh it, so there went that,

got a tc06 (i think) put that on it not long ago (got all original piping again from here in beautiful nick ( then driving today I think it's done the same thing again and it's leaving a trail of oil somewhere.

so that's my whinge I love it to death and I won't let it get the better of me, but next car is going to be old holden old skool I reckon.

Cheers all sorry I dribbled on

Heath
:pimp
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

I feel your pain brother.
Believe it or not, I'm sure most people on here know exactly how you feel.
Starions are a pain, but there's no greater feeling than when everything is going well, and you're driving and loving it.

I'd put money on the bet that no one has had as many problems with a single Starion than I have, but I've stayed with them despite this, and still love them.

We're all here to help each other, so keep the faith, and remember to ask for help if you need it! :beer
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

Sorry to hear about your Dad passing, I lost mine in 1993. It's a huge blow to your life. How old was he and how old are you ?
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

thanks heaps guys, i am 27, he was 53,was living in America at the time, been there for would of been 4 years in August.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Yeah sorry to hear about your dad. You must have been on such a downer already with losing your job. Losing a loved one is never good.

Yeah stick with the Starion, they are a pain and always stuff up (well depends) but I believe they are worth it in the end.

My old JA used to break something new every time I just get her running. But I have been fortunate that the widebody has been good to me. AND my Yellow JA which has done over 300,000km's has been going hard for about 2 years or more now and nothing broken off it yet. Except a leaky PS hose and leaky tyre, she is running unusually well. I can't explain it. It should be dead. rofl

Good luck with your car though
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

I got a feeling today, after I have had a look at it, the turbo has had it. (2nd one) so what other types of turbo fit them without stuffing around with the computer and gives it a bit more go??
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I was 30 and my dad was 56 so I know what thats like. im not too knowledgable on the turbo front but from memory i think yours has a Tc06 and the later cars JD had a smaller TC05. I think a good turbo is a hybrid, that being a TC05 impellar and the TCo6 compressor ? Yes or no guys.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

i would be looking at why two turbos have failed are you sure you are getting enough oil or possibly the oil drain being blocked
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
starspeed
Former Freak

Post by starspeed »

sorry to here about ya job and ya dad :( on a brighter note , yeah stick
with ya starion :D Im with ricethief and his magicial mangina !!!
rofl check oil inlet hose or look for rubber bits missing on inlet to the turbo !!! cheers ( keep the staz , you'll regret sell it ) :beer
STARSPEED

86 COLTSPEED JD STARION ( my baby )
2000 MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER LS 4X4 ( daily driver )
2010 KIA SORRENTO R ( family car )
83 stebercraft 475 DF - 70hp johnson ( my toy )
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

WidebodyWoody wrote: AND my Yellow JA which has done over 300,000km's has been going hard for about 2 years or more now and nothing broken off it yet. Except a leaky PS hose and leaky tyre, she is running unusually well. I can't explain it. It should be dead. rofl

Good luck with your car though
umm my yellow JA is the same.. shouldn't be running yet does :S.. must be something freaky there.. like a japanese christine LOL
83Starion
I like starions

Post by 83Starion »

yeah thought the same thing checked all the turbo pipes just to eliminate the problem, but it's comes from being a piece of the pipe that comes from the airbox to the fonr of the turbo, got a crack in it somehow round near where the hose clamp does up and a small piece went through the fins of the turbo,