WTF does good condition mean

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Vulpes
almost postwhore

WTF does good condition mean

Post by Vulpes »

Seriously people get up my nose. Some friggin retard loser has a starion for sale on ebay. He says the car is in good condition for a car of its age, the paint work is a bit faded and the drivers seat has a tear in it. In reality the paint is completely stuffed, different coloured guards and mudflaps, rust in the front guards and rear quarters, seats are probably the worst I've ever seen. Seriously you fag sell it for what it is, a starion in really poor condition suitable for restoration and parts :x :x :x :x :x
If it's somebdoy from here you should be absolutley ashamed of yourself.
How the $#%$ is cut and polish going to fix that #$#%box. Do I hate liars ? %$#^ yer :wtf:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

"good condition" + "for its age" = old and rusted and won't pass rego

"good condition" + "but..." = that but is a huge one and will bite YOU in the butt

"good condition" with a cheaper than usual price = it's farked but i just wanna get rid of it, so i ain't tellin you what's wrong with it

"good condition" + normal price = good condition
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

thrash is correct. Its all salesman pitchs.
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =215784538

this one has just come up for sale on trade me in n.z .

o christ it looks terrible but seems ok condition and with lsd

I like how he says 'ok condition , but not perfect, think he's sayin it how it is
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

he's getting $2000 for that??.. damn i'm selling mine tomorrow!!!! its in "ok" condition rofl
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

i know!!!

I much prefer the one i just bought for $2800 but without lsd :cry:
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

benny wrote:he's getting $2000 for that??.. damn i'm selling mine tomorrow!!!! its in "ok" condition rofl
That's a 1987 UK model with 5 stud wheels, LSD and with black leather etc. Similar to our JD's and probably worth at least $5Kplus over in Oz!!! In fact, I'm not aware of any of these models in Australia.

With regard to the ones on ebay, despite their average condition, it's rare to find them fully intact. You'd probably need both to restore one!!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

Tamgesic wrote:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =215784538

this one has just come up for sale on trade me in n.z .

o christ it looks terrible but seems ok condition and with lsd

I like how he says 'ok condition , but not perfect, think he's sayin it how it is
HaHa. :D I'm the one that has bidded on it.
I went down to Wellington yesterday to have a look.
There was a reason why he took photo's of it at night.
Thats because the paint is f%#ked and has big layers of bog over rust-It used to have decals all up the side of it and someone sprayed enamel straight over it and it all blistered up .
I told him it O.K condition was a understatement and should write in the his Auction the true condition.(I wouldn't want to be travelling from the otherside of the country to pick it up,then see it in the flesh :cry:
The interior and diff is what I want off it.
**83 MITSUBISHI STARION DASH EX **
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I paid $7,000 for my Ja because I was told it was "pristine" in fact the owner said you couldnt call it anything but pristine. Even charged me an extra $500 because she said her husband had colour matched the front spoiler.............colour matched it :o It was completely stuffed, it was more bent than Roger Rogerson. As you know the paint was stuffed, the interior was fair, the clutch was rooted, there was numerous rust and dest and it blows more smoke than the malboro man. So after 8 months and $13,000 more I do actually have a pristine JA. Im not angry as I understand the whole buyer beware thing but I seriously wonder what people see when they look at a cars condtion.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

LOL, didn't inspect the car before buying eh?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

you didnt look at any pictures before you purchased it?
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

yeah i reckon it looked a bit screwed but agree that its still a goodie cos of the lsd and the leather interior, even though mine is a lesser model im happy with it cos its just so much more tidier.

Would be a wicked project car

to spinners ..sounds like it wont get a wof thats why im happy with mine but it will still be a mint fun car to drive..its a Starion after all
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

Tamgesic wrote:yeah i reckon it looked a bit screwed but agree that its still a goodie cos of the lsd and the leather interior, even though mine is a lesser model im happy with it cos its just so much more tidier.

Would be a wicked project car

to spinners ..sounds like it wont get a wof thats why im happy with mine but it will still be a mint fun car to drive..its a Starion after all

It wont get another WOF the way it is,As it has more rust than he says.
It has the usual starion rust:Bottom of gaurds,below pillar vents,around petrol cap,under trim below the windscreen ,behind taillights etc.
Thats what you get when the car has lived next to the coast for it's life.
We were laughing so much at the body work on the car the guy got pissed off rofl
**83 MITSUBISHI STARION DASH EX **
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

No it was in brisbane and I was in sydney. Looked good in the pictures though and it was the mother of a forum member so i took them at their word. Here is another $#%#wit advertising on ebay at the moment

it is in great condition for its age , paint is faded and bonnet has crows feet in one corner and has two small spots of rust in front gards as shown in photos besides that body is very straight and clean , the interior is very good for age front seats are leather from factory

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/mitsubishi-stari ... 7C294%3A50

Another starion suitable for wrecking or restoration only being sold as "great condition"
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

lol.. vulpes.. i'm keeping my car away from you :P

List of things wrong with it.. rooted turbo, leak in exhaust manifold, dodgy wiring, still has some visible leftover from accident by previous owner, has dents in the bodywork, has spots of missing paint on the bonnet.. passenger side door is falling apart - trim no longer sticks, seat belt does not retrack, window takes 5 months to wind up, has had clutch issues, doesn't always idle properly as it's missing the idle control motor, the rear suspension is completely gone, the power steering no longer works, one of the light switch thingies is broken, and i just remembered the oil pressure gauge doesn't work, and the fuel empty light doesn't work. Oh yeah, there are rips in the roof lining too. Oh, I also forgot that the alternator is farked and only charging at 13.5 volts now, air con doesn't work, and the dash display cover is badly cracked, and the A-pillar trim is crumbling.. And i'm sure there's something i've missed.

I still consider my car to be in "good condition", I suppose just simply because it's mine, and because it's actually been on the road most of the time i've had it, Thank God.. but i'm now sure you'd think it's only good for a resto or wrecking lol :P

I could never consider wrecking a starion that still has rego and the possibility of passing the next time around as well..

that said, I know that I couldn't even sell my car for 2k.. I think I'd be lucky to get 1500 for it, despite it being a JB
quest wrote: