a funny thing happened

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

a funny thing happened

Post by MelbStazz »

i was at a auto retailer the other day and i purchased some parker globe covers to change the lights on the front to a redish tinge. I know i know kinda ricey! well the covers didn't fit the globes in the bar but the little globes in the dash cluster. While at work i took the dash cluster out for something to do after work and then contemplated the idea of the covers in there. Well i have done it and i must say that i does look different. I will be taking a photo at night and i will post it soon, that way you can all have your say.
I think it kinda looks kewl, the red glow over the orange and black. They have other colours including yellow, green and the funky blue. Narva makes the covers and they are reasonably cheap around the $5 mark for 5. Though you need 2 packs to do the instrument cluster with a few left for other interior globes if you so wish :D

drew
- el schmicko detailer -
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

oooh pic pic pic!
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Do all the colours!!!!!!! :D Disco Staz Style
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

i have taken the photo's and im getting them back soon. as soon as i get them i will post.. it kinda has the look of the new audi dash now... really nice dark ( almost blood red) glow, i might do the interior lights as well.
The front parkers almost look like tail lights ( so not legal ), well the car is parked at work and isn't going anywhere super quick. I might toy around with using other colours as well..
Maybe with the white face guages and blue would look nice, or maybe a green?? i like the red, as it goes with the theme of the car.
To continue on with the theme ( while the car's partially stripped ) i thought about getting the windows done in a red tint, yes it can be done. You have to tint the windows 2 times, 1st with the red tint and then with the darker normal tint.
The tinter that comes out to work said that he can do it, but everything is seen out of the windows to be red. Hmm could be frustrating. I'm also not sure about the legalalities of it, me thinks that Vicroads would not approve. :x i will research this and find out... :)
keep you posted..
...oooh ooh i almost forgot. i found these funky little LED replacement globes for interior and exterior. One of them changes between 7 colours! Hmm see what i can do with this...
- el schmicko detailer -
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

photo's didn't turn out as expected, i think i will use a digital camera to take the shot. That way i can post them quicker. :D

i'm off to the car tomorrow to get it going and back home :x . hopefully

I have painted the centre console a custom colour :D ( heavy coarse metallic with aquamarine/amythest clear coat), should look trick with the autometer gauges under the head-unit.
While the window switches were out i gave them the red light treatment as well, i'll get a photo of that as well. Inside the console i have used a blue light ( hoping it will light up a bit better than the yellowish tinge it has).
I hope that it will look ok as i haven't seen the console all together and at night yet, let alone the day so i can see the pearl.. i even thought about painting around the instrument guages in this colour. Not sure what it would look like with the red glowing guages.
hope to have the photos up soon..
- el schmicko detailer -
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

I like rice :)
Ford G6ET 458wkws
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

photo's are on the way :D
decided to take photo's with my phone and email em to myself, then hopefully post. :D
The new Ericsson Z600 takes mad photo's
Have them up soon. :wink:
cars still not moving though :x
- el schmicko detailer -
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Here they are

Post by MelbStazz »

Here are the photos of the dash with the red globes in :D

The photos were taken on my sony-ericsson Z600 mobile. Not bad i think.

And here is the parker globe in red. Hard to tell.
I have some other photos, and i will take some more when i get a chance( it's easier to see the red at night not dusk). :wink:

hope they worked.
:D
Last edited by MelbStazz on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- el schmicko detailer -
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

i wonder how good blue would show up under the orange dash..
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

Im going to try some other colours, blue will be next. I would love to get my hands on some of those white faced backings for the std dash.
- el schmicko detailer -
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

MelbStazz wrote:Im going to try some other colours, blue will be next. I would love to get my hands on some of those white faced backings for the std dash.
Couldn't you make them?
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

Hmmmm, could be a possibility. My ol man is a graphic designer, might have a chat. I'm not sure how to go about it though.
Thinking about it i could dismantle the cluster, hoping that the backing comes away ( with relative ease).
What kind of material could be used for the new backing? plastic, thin card? I guess then scan it and use a graphics program and make some changes, hope the printer can cope with the task and presto.
Hmmm, it has me thinking.
Cheers.
- el schmicko detailer -
pink_bits
*** Half Century Post ***

about the white dash

Post by pink_bits »

i made some thinkz 2 make my dash white and ill put in some blue lites and then we will see if it looks ok ill get some picz up soon keep u posted!!!! if thay turn out ne good my mate will make some 4 u guys!!for a price of course lolz not much!!!

Thankz Simon
:drool: :beer :drool: :beer
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

:o
huh?
rofl
- el schmicko detailer -
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: about the white dash

Post by Cookiemonster »

pink_bits wrote:i made some thinkz 2 make my dash white and ill put in some blue lites and then we will see if it looks ok ill get some picz up soon keep u posted!!!! if thay turn out ne good my mate will make some 4 u guys!!for a price of course lolz not much!!!

Thankz Simon
:drool: :beer :drool: :beer
Decode the message - win a prize!