Fastest Starion Challange

For organising a state cruise or events, posting cruise pics from the day or even event videos.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

i think the "must be powered by a mitsu engine" bit will put out at least 2 contenders.. one with an sr20 and another with a 13b rotary..

also, stazzavg30 has a vg30det in his car, so just in case he decided he wanted to join the fun and fame, that would rule out his car too..

so maybe reconsider this rule?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Ok that was a lot of posts to read.

1) I personally don't care what engine is running in the car. If you want to destroy the Starion by putting another bread of engine in, thats your choice. Fastest Starion wins. Simple.

2) I don't care if its a 8 second cheap 1 shot only car that wins, but we will be having the last laugh later when the car is dead, and we are still going :beer

3) This is just a friendly competition. It is just for fun, we weren't trying to get global recognition or even national recognition for the starion. That would be cool, but we wouldn't do it this way.

Basically this, the competition is just for fun and games. If everyone wants to make it more "professional" then I would suggest starting a new comp, because I feel the majority of people who are registered so far, are doing it just for fun like myself.

Sorry for rant, I just don't want to see this challange creating enemies amongst us. We are all friends, and need to stay that way. I don't wanna be responsible for what might happen if people start getting a little TOO competitive.

Just enjoy the comp is all I say :beer
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Okay lets clarify something here (I do not want to put any ones car done for their choice of personal construction) BUT a Starion is a MITSUBISHI, a Mitsubishi has a Mitsubishi engine! That is a 'pedigree'. Change the engine = changing the heart of the beast. Now a lung transplant (twin cam) is fine as long as the heart (4G63) is still in there! Saying that any thing goes as far as I am concerned but would like a Mitsubishi comp won or include only the full Mitsubishi comp.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Ok... I'm in. I need to run it soon anyway... :D

Personally.

1. Motors...
CATEGORY A = SOHC mitsubishi motor (2L or 2.6L) how they were mean to be. OR
CATEGORY B = Twin cam or any other motor

2. No NOS
3. Any tyres
4. Any trim
5. Pump fuel
1985 JB Starion #157
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

i personally dont care if its a starion i dont care whats under the bonnet as being said before its just for fun...
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

different people, different tastes, different budgets. run your staz your way just be honest when posting your times and the specs you ran.

the fastest staz will win theres no need to debate it, but if you post specs then people can see the fastest twin cam, fastest single cammer, who ran slicks, who ran c16..etc

obviously the more stock a car runs the more the owners E-wang will grow ;)
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Lol this comp has gotten abit out of hand with everyone want to put in their 2 cents. Fact is not everyone will be happy with the rules so in the end given woody orginally posted the idea, he should be the one setting the rules that doesnt exclude any starion enthusist while trying to retain some parity. In the end as he said its all in good fun so just enjoy the comp for what it is.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

Yeah ill try and get my car to the track. I think it should just be the quickest starion (no clases). Anything goes type thing. Nitrous, slicks, whatever. Whats the point in stopping people from going as quick as they can? But yeah, be honest in saying what you did.
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Ok Due to popular demand...

There new restriction is the car has to be a Starion Body. Other then that it is open to anything. We can post up specs of cars and times for everyone to see. I figure this would be a good resource for people to see proven results that way.

One other thing... Like a lot of people have continued to say, just have fun, and enjoy.

BONSAI
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I'm already keeping track of the quickest Starions...

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... t=quickest

It's just that you have picked a cut off date.
1985 JB Starion #157
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Very true. I was intending on getting them posted onto that page anyway :beer
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i think we should set up a few drag strip days for austarion members to attend. orange thing should be done& tuned within a month
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

redzone wrote:i think we should set up a few drag strip days for austarion members to attend. orange thing should be done& tuned within a month
sounds like a good idea dave :)
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Sydney cars...

WSID.

Wednesday 22nd October...

Who's in?
1985 JB Starion #157
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

I'll come but won't be running my car.. it won't make it to the finish line LOL
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol