EVO 3 engine in place

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Petevostaz
[P] Plater austaz

EVO 3 engine in place

Post by Petevostaz »

EVO 3 engine on Starion engine mounts - Installed. Turbo underslung.

Image Image Image[/b]
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

:beer :luv :smokin
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

How's it going getting that exhaust manifold and turbo arrangement to fit in? I've been looking at a manifold that looks identical to that one, and was planning to just cut the turbo end off and weld my own on like you did, but then I thought maybe i'd prefer to have up turbo high mounted for space. Is there enough room with yours low mounted? Looks fairly tight?
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Don't forget he is running rack and pinion, so that means no steering box in the way.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Oh yeah, just found all the other posts too.

Nice to see such a good creation! :D
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
Petevostaz
[P] Plater austaz

Position of turbo

Post by Petevostaz »

MitsuMadness wrote:How's it going getting that exhaust manifold and turbo arrangement to fit in? I've been looking at a manifold that looks identical to that one, and was planning to just cut the turbo end off and weld my own on like you did, but then I thought maybe i'd prefer to have up turbo high mounted for space. Is there enough room with yours low mounted? Looks fairly tight?
We decided to position the turbo that low to get the centre of gravity down. Keep it all low as possible and better positioned. Note in previous threds, the fuel tank has been brought well forward of it's original position and over the axle/subframe etc..

Pete
Petevostaz
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Petevostaz »

MitsuMadness wrote:How's it going getting that exhaust manifold and turbo arrangement to fit in? I've been looking at a manifold that looks identical to that one, and was planning to just cut the turbo end off and weld my own on like you did, but then I thought maybe i'd prefer to have up turbo high mounted for space. Is there enough room with yours low mounted? Looks fairly tight?
Don't forget guys, there is no brake servo or master cylinder inside the engine bay, it's all in the car. I have thrown together a biased pedal box ( see other thread ), so there is bags of room. Off the back of the turbo, exits a 2 1/2" inch tight 90 degree bend, the steering shaft to the rack sits under that quite easily. I'll post some fotos of the back of the turbo etc.. soon..