Guys come on

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

WANTSOM wrote:Everything I know I learnt from you (and wrote it all down on the back of a postage stamp.) LOL
LOL Touche!
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

48 years? :o
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Scary ain't it!
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

WidebodyWoody wrote: I think its pretty safe to say you have never owned a starion.
don't put money on it woody - not a safe bet

I know for a fact that he has a few I sold him one ( JA ) and he allready was driving a JA not stock but I haven't seen it in action apart from driving to and from my workshop
and I also have seen his JD

4gpwr is a starion head even if he doesn't seam come across that way
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

WidebodyWoody wrote:I think its pretty safe to say that ANYONE who owns a starion would know how to fix most things themselves.

bwahahahaha so not true.. sorry woody, but i'm proof that this comment isn't true.. I'd like to believe otherwise, but i can't fix anything in that car well :wtf:

if bad dancers have 2 left feet, then i have 2 left hands.. very much useless at this kind of stuff..

probably because i don't have the money to go making mistakes and blowing shit up in the process.. plus my starion currenlty IS my daily driver.. so if it's broke and i don't have the funds to fix it, i don't have a car.. which is why i walk to work now :(

sometimes i think i should just agree with the people around me.. a starion just isn't the car for me..

but i love it so much.. *cries*
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

well my staz is made of all stainless steel, 30" solid gold rims, makes about a kajillion kw and will wheelstand from gladstone to brisbane..

and proof??.. well see if i could let you witness that feat it would be too much for you eyes and mind that it is against work place health and safety so you understand why i can't show you ok :) :beer
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

He hasn't shown up here for a while, perhaps mum grounded him from using her computer? :P
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Guys guys guys...and girls. Keep love in the air.
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

flav wrote:Guys guys guys...and girls. Keep love in the air.
I agree. There is no point owning these cars if you don't have a passion for them.

The way I see things asking questions like 4gpwr has only helps people complete there understanding of everything mechanical. Especially those who couldn't provide a logical reason as to why instead of saying "because OEM doesn't do it, is why etc" shows how little you know but at the same time, how much common sense you have. :wtf:

Anyway, I hope the Welcome people have given you doesn't put you off from your questions and participation here. Remember they only win if you don't come back, so its up to you 4gpwr. :beer
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

My only comment to his first few posts is he invited comment and discussion then when he got some replies with peoples views he immediately put shit on them.

It was like 'tell me what you think then blab blab blab you're wrong and I'm right.' Not a great way to join a community and make friends.

Like a few of us if here if he learns some forum etiquette and joins in then more than happy to have him aboard.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

WANTSOM wrote:My only comment to his first few posts is he invited comment and discussion then when he got some replies with peoples views he immediately put shit on them.

It was like 'tell me what you think then blab blab blab you're wrong and I'm right.' Not a great way to join a community and make friends.

Like a few of us if here if he learns some forum etiquette and joins in then more than happy to have him aboard.
Agreed.
And dissing poeple for their opinions isnt cool, esp those who have been around here for awhile and DO know quite alot about the ins and outs of Starions.
As 4gpwr has said before he has worked in numerous workshops on alot of high performance cars so im sure the rest of you, like i, am quite keen to see some of his work, and some pics of his starion.
So guess its up to him now to prove the critics correct, or wrong.
Just my 2c worth.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Like some other companies, Mits engineers came to me at one time. This was because i was doing, at that time, more pajero gearbox overhauls that anyone in the country, (This activity happened a few times but thats another story i have no time for right now) they came and asked me what the problem was as it was a warranty issue on the 4wd D. I sat down and explained my findings and within the next month an 'update kit' was available. So.....you see, even then, as a 3rd year apprentice, the OEM is not stupid. They source information from where it is needed to get a result required.
This attitude alone, if applied by everyone, will see them through a good life if used for good intention... comments made are of a nature of the maturity of the person. This is not their fault, but more where they are at that time in their life.
...but some peolple just need to Grow The F*#* UP.