Quiet Forum

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I reckon by the time I've finished my engine I won't be able to buy petrol (too expensive or they run out) and I'll have to do an engine conversion to an electric motor :wtf:
1985 JB Starion #157
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Junkers wrote: But seriously.. BP make nice chicken strips, couldn't we target mobil or someone else instead?
:D
Yea the BP near me has 98 and no other servo my side of town has it. Lets boycott Shell instead. I dont buy fuel from them :p
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Man I bought fuel this morning at $1.66 per litre for crappy mobil high octane. It got be less then a quarter a tank of fuel which is enough for me to get to and from brissy. This sucks. Lets just steal the fuel. Then they are screwed. Maybe we walk in, pay for whatever our fuel total works out to be based off $1 a litre. Say we get 50 litres, just give em $50. If they want the rest we tell them to talk to the government rofl rofl rofl rofl Anyone else in :D :D :D
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Guess we will see you on the news being arrested in a few weeks :p

SOHC POWER
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

aww your no fun rofl
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

$1.66 per liter?!

Here in the good ol' U S of A... it's touching AU$3.96 per liter. (US$ 4 a gallon) Ahhhhhhhh the US$ is so weeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaak...

Them's fightin' words.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Theres 3.79 Litres to a US Gallon you know?

So us paying $1.66 AUD a litre.
Is $6.29 AUD a US Gallon

SOHC POWER
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

Thats nearly right$4.10 US dollars per gallon in California on 26/5/08 from their price watch website.

...I thought it was 4.55 litres to the gallon ...correct me?

This is 91 cents per litre.

So I think Rob meant 96 aus cents per litre.....maybe a mis key?. This is bout 2/3 of Brissie price at the moment.
Actually i think the week before it was under the $4 mark.Its going up everywhere then.

Just gotta go gas :) Cheers
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

leoca wrote:Thats nearly right$4.10 US dollars per gallon in California on 26/5/08 from their price watch website.

...I thought it was 4.55 litres to the gallon ...correct me?

This is 91 cents per litre.

So I think Rob meant 96 aus cents per litre.....maybe a mis key?. This is bout 2/3 of Brissie price at the moment.
Actually i think the week before it was under the $4 mark.Its going up everywhere then.

Just gotta go gas :) Cheers
To my surprise the US gallon IS 3.79 L not 4.55.
I wonder if there were any millionaires made over that :)
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

yeah we are stillpaying less, but prices are jumping like no other. Gas went up 40cents in about a week. I say we just assasinate everyone involved at the top end of opec lol.
Robert you musta msised hte price hike, I paid 4.10 a gal for shit 87octane yesterday :P Not only that, our gas is 10% dilluted with this crap ass ethanol for even less gas mileage. THere is this big push for e85 which offers a 30% reduction in gas mileage on normal gas cars, and costs just as much. All this bullshit about ethanol which has been around forever makes me sick. it's proven it is complete crap, but the good ol govt is pushing since it's making the coorporate farmers tons of money.

Then the fucking oil comapnies are dry fucking our ass all while creatring artifical inflation which is screwing up the economy.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

this is why both my daily drivers run on LPG. Alas I no longer have a starion but can they have the LPG conversion if you had soewhere to stick the gas tank.
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

Well it looks like we might be going into the MAD MAX era(But driving our turbo Starion's instead of a Falcooon coupe :D
I'm in no rush to finish my starion,by the time it's going I might have to get a bank loan to put gas in f@&%ing thing :cry:
Komeuppance
Enthusiast

Post by Komeuppance »

Whoops... my quick conversion stopped before diving by 4.

3.78 liters is one US liquid gallon... haha good ol US standard f'd up measurements. 4.4 something dry gallon.

UK gallon is 4.55 liters dry OR liquid.

-Robert
Now: Australian Compatible!