Quiet Forum

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Quiet Forum

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I just thought I would talk shit for no reason.

Has anyone else found that this forum is a lot more quiet then other forums. For instance Starquest has like 15 pages per day, we get about 1 full page. Evolution Oz gets about 6 per day etc. Start talking more bullshit guys rofl rofl rofl
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Ok I'm going to moan about petrol prices then... $2.05 odd dollars a liter over this side so the starion only leaves he garage on special occasions (when'im feeling rich, normally pay day) :oops:
All the other time I just bike everywhere else...
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

$2 wtf? i heard aus went up to like $1.60 and everyone's bitching at Rudd, he might be taking a 4c tax off of petrol or something. eh. Looks like i'm sticking to the bike when i get back.
_

Post by silo »

I received this e-mail yesterday, Might work too!

Subject: FW: Fuel Prices - Worth a read & action ...

LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....hopefully

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this PLEASE.
Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!! Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.
It is currently $1.90 in NZ and $1.60 in Aus for regular unleaded.
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their petrol! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol.
But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP the biggest price up driver company.
If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) ... And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 .... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!
If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.
If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
Simple ?send the message along to other and do not buy petrol from BP !!

Silas
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Phhht... just means they sell twice as much the next day....
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Xentro »

Your gas is only $ 2 per liter? thats cheap. :shock:

Over here it's about $ 2.6 ( 1.6 euro's )

Seems whatever they make the price. people will not be driving less though.

Makes me sick though to hear the .oil companies brag about QUATER record profits. every QUARTER. :x

And offcourse the really annoying environmentalists that keep whining about co2 emmissions. As if we have a real influence on the amounth of co2 that ends up in the air every day.

So anyone here already converted their Staz to run on LPG?
-------------------------------------------
83 2000EX runner.
88 2.0 Black Widebody DOHC evo 6 turbo at 1.7 bar
88 2.6 White Widebody. spun a bearing.
06 2.0 Lancer Wagon. daily driver.
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

As much as i HATE public transport, going into town everyday on the bus is saving me about $15 a day so leaves me more to spend on gas for the wknds :)
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Put 20 bucks in my ute on Sunday night which gave it half a tank. Been driving around fair bit this week, more then normal. Still got over 1/4 tank left.

I would have gone through 30-40 bucks of fuel in the Starion doing the same driving.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
leoca
I've been here before

Post by leoca »

Xentro wrote:Your gas is only $ 2 per liter? thats cheap. :shock:

Over here it's about $ 2.6 ( 1.6 euro's )

Seems whatever they make the price. people will not be driving less though.

Makes me sick though to hear the .oil companies brag about QUATER record profits. every QUARTER. :x

And offcourse the really annoying environmentalists that keep whining about co2 emmissions. As if we have a real influence on the amounth of co2 that ends up in the air every day.

So anyone here already converted their Staz to run on LPG?
I am thinking about it!, with the Government subsidy it makes economical sense..., although the starion is not reknowned for boot space .
Actually, how would you get the spare out?
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Thats rubbish about not buying petrol for a day.
Maybe if everyone stopped driving ALL vehicles for a week the petrol companies will crap themselves....
The most money for them comes from other things like oil and what have you
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

FST4RD wrote:Thats rubbish about not buying petrol for a day.
Maybe if everyone stopped driving ALL vehicles for a week the petrol companies will crap themselves....
The most money for them comes from other things like oil and what have you
It's not suggesting we stop buying petrol! What it's saying is don't buy petrol from BP (the big price lifter) and it will have to lower it's price! the other companies will then have to follow suit!

Silas
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Sorry wasn't taking a dig at you. Just I get that email at least twice a day.... Seriously
I think that BP are jibbing us, especially since they just posted a 9billion something dollar profit!
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

benny's rambling:-

what does the company do with the profit??? seriously.. 9 billion... thats an insane amount of money.. ceo gets a 26 million hand shake when he quits... its so wrong.. and such a waste. noone is worth that kind of money... $1,000,000 can easily earn 10% a year .. so after tax of say 35% thats still $65,000 a year without lifting a finger.. i haven't even seen $50,000 a year working!!! .. now 9, 000, 000, 000 ( using us version of billion cause the british version is even scarier 9,000,000,000,000 !!!!) @ 10 % is still 900 million a year LOL could a bank even pay that kind interest??!!! .. too much money.. going to crawl into a corner a cry now
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Shell wasn't much better.....

Do you think that BP puts the price of petrol/diesil up cause it costs them more to ship their product over the world in tankers and trucks cause it cost the tanker/truck more to fill up? :?
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

FST4RD wrote:Shell wasn't much better.....

Do you think that BP puts the price of petrol/diesil up cause it costs them more to ship their product over the world in tankers and trucks cause it cost the tanker/truck more to fill up? :?
rofl

But seriously.. BP make nice chicken strips, couldn't we target mobil or someone else instead?

Someone needs to invent a over unity engine so we can get rid of fossil fuels

:D