New tyres

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

New tyres

Post by OLD FART »

Finally taken my new 17'to get new FALKEN RT615 245/45/17 semi slicks fitted as the old long suffering 15 inch RT 215/60/ 15s are getting to be past their use by date and with the new more powerful 2320 cc motor now installed by Dave at REDZONE I need all the grip possible
Am going to pick the JB up tomorrow :D :D OK still Dave ?????????
Will get one of my sons to post pics of wheels ,tyres & dyno results after it's been run in & tuned
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

I feel sorry for the money you wasted... if you wanted a proper semi slick tyre, you should have bought the Dunlops DZ03G or Toyo R888. And Toyo RA1s' if you wanted a wet weather capable semi-slick. All 3 of these are night and day difference over the Falkens.....

Keep this in mind next time your up for another set of tyres. I guarantee you will buy me a beer and post it to me afterwards. :wink:
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah should be ok. finished seat & belt mounts today. havnt fitted harness i ran out of time. just gotta throw in head studs, oil & coolant in the morning & fire her up..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

scorpyy wrote:I feel sorry for the money you wasted... if you wanted a proper semi slick tyre, you should have bought the Dunlops DZ03G or Toyo R888. And Toyo RA1s' if you wanted a wet weather capable semi-slick. All 3 of these are night and day difference over the Falkens.....

Keep this in mind next time your up for another set of tyres. I guarantee you will buy me a beer and post it to me afterwards. :wink:
Scorpy you may well be right but you haven't seen the no of wins that i have had over the years over people on other makes
And if you only knew how few $$ they cost me you would be cryingyour eyes out into that beer and you'd end up with a very watery shandy rofl
PS one should always promote their sponsors product
this is me when i get the bill 4 them :D
Last edited by OLD FART on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

:beer

Maybe try for new sponsorship then in the next year or so, if your still having traction issues. :P
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

scorpyy wrote::beer

Maybe try for new sponsorship then in the next year or so, if your still having traction issues. :P
WHY WOULD I WANT TO DITCH A 12YEAR SPONSOR ???
There is a thing called LOYALTY
SUGGEST YOU TRY TO GET TYRE SPONSORSHIP & LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOU GO :P
Last edited by OLD FART on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

Guess it depends how serious you take the competitions you attend then. Toyo are very easy sponsors if you have a proven record. I know a sponsorship for that period of time is nothing to throw away either but I guess maybe your getting to old (no pun intended lol) to keep on the limit. Like Prost said when he was thinking of retiring after talking about competing against Senna. :(
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

scorpyy.... your a tool...

What tyres do you run then?
1985 JB Starion #157
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I agree with TOMSUM. Your a tool scorpy rofl
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

toyo ra1's, cost $400 each. Does not spin any gears in a 1100kg 400rwhp s2 rx7.... does a little in 1st in cold winters straight out of the garage but after a couple mins, it is seriously confidence building. 1.8sec 60ft times on road surfaces if that isn't enough proof. :wink:

The falkens are just a normal tyre compound with the fancy foot print unfortunately. I seriously wished people would go and speak to there local CAMS competitors for advice. The Dunlops 3G's are even better by a fair bit but no good in the wet. Anyhow, I'm just a tool so I'll leave you guys to it. I don't see the fastest starion time being knocked off till someone sees the light and is prepared to let there $$$ buy quality rather then hope a tyre manufacturer slips up and accidentally does a run of the usual road tyres in their racing compound...
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Impressive..

You personally paid $1,600 for the rubber on your RX7?

What width are the tyre? and profile? Is that a 17" rim?
1985 JB Starion #157
scorpyy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by scorpyy »

Only for the Rear, 245/45/R16. I'm running EAGLE F1s on the front. But the new Bridgestones are better then the Goodyear F1s so I'll probably switch to them when the time comes for the front. Though I've got my brake bias set so both axles lock up at the exact time even though the grip levels are all mixed up.