My new Widey : BRUTUS

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

My new Widey : BRUTUS

Post by groupAralliart »

My new Widebody has arrived (affectionately now known as 'Brutus'). Thanks to Charlie for arranging the pickup at his end. It is now in Brisbane and work will start in my holidays come September. It is a roller at the moment, black without wheels and front bar. Plans are to build a twin cam mpi with a descent turbo engine management set up with the close ratio mazda gearbox behind it. I hope to save enough and put on a set of 18x 10's and 18x 9's in a Simmons with dot approved track tyres. Coil overs and upgraded brakes will make their way into the equation at some stage and a half cage just to make the wife happy. The interior is perfect (just missing a dash at the moment) so will probably just put a harness in. Will post some pics up but it is 'ugly' at the moment. Cheers Steve.

P.S. Goal is to have it ready for the Gatton sprints in March next year. :DB
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Steve, if U need a dash call me I Have 3. :beer Also We R about to scrap a shell, that was wrecked in a accident, If U need something from under the dash......

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

so you'll be needing a fibreglass front bar then eh? :wink:

good to hear another widey is in qld! might have to visit next time i'm down your way and check her out (code for "drool")
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Yeah, I am considering your front bar. I have the original front bar and lower spoiler just that the steel support is missing (fairly heavy I have been told and was ditched to lose weight). So I have your bar in mind. One question though if it does not have a number plate holder can you simply stick on a transfer of the rego plate? I think I saw that on a RX7 once.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

legally no i dont believe they are, but the idea is to use a slimline plate and hang it off one side, so it doesnt impede airflow to the intercooler, or mount it on the airdam..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Let me know when you want to buy the simmons. Maybe we can get a cheaper price as a 'group buy' :D .
We need pics anyway.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

It's just a regular black widey with immaculate interior, sunroof, stripped dash, rolling on ugly space savers/old ford rims. :D

I've posted pics of it when it has my wide 18's on it somewhere in the for sale section.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

MrBishi wrote:Let me know when you want to buy the simmons. Maybe we can get a cheaper price as a 'group buy' :D .
We need pics anyway.
I can get ROHs for the right price......

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Well 'Brutus' is finally coming home. I have had it in a shed at my parents placewhich is miles away and makes it hard to justify a drive over and 30 minutes of work. I am getting it towed tomorrow by a mate so can not wait until I get it. I am on holidays for two weeks so hope to make some headway on the interior and finalise the new rim offset and order them.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

your engine is coming along nicely too, bottom end should be done in about a week or so.. working out what we need for the top end atm (stripped the galant engine now stripping my VR4 engine to compare sizes etc)

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Great news on the engine. I will drop over the Fidanza cam gears next week. I am going to strip out the std widebody electricals and start fresh with the JA loom. I may make my own for the aircond and door switches if I can work it out. Might have to ask Josh to have a look at what I have got as he is doing similar job on his widey I think.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

honestly i think you'd be better off with a painles wiring kit like the hot rodders use, more reliable than JA wiring. if u are gonna do it that way though, i'd be grabbing a JA series 2 wiring set as its better quality

groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Update: basically going as planned with the mods planned being implemented. Dave will be able to answer most technical questions.
Gearbox: RX7 Series 5? turbo with Mazda B2600 bellhousing, fabricated crossmember with a shortened shifter position.
Turbo: Garrett ball bearing GT30/76 WITH TURBO SMART EXTERNAL WASTE GATE ON REDZONE CUSTOM STEAMPIPE EXHAUST MANIFOLD WITH CERAMIC COATING TO MANIFOLD AND TURBO EXHAUST HOUSING.
Engine: twincam with all the good gear - a Redzone rocket! Includes intake manifold with XF throttle body, intercooling piping minimal piping length, alloy radiator, Autronic SM4 engine management
Wheels: Simmons FR18 18" dia 10" wide rears and 9" fronts with Nankang road tyres. They look great I think and really fill the guards!
I will post some more pics up over the next few days, I'm buggered and need to sleep.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep i'll put up some pics on monday when i get back from gatton :)

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Sounds great. We need PICS PICS PICS :D :D :D

Ok I NEED PICS PICS PICS rofl rofl