Stace's JA

A place for general discussion. Catch up with mates, post pics, or if you just want to pick on e-thugs.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Basically a blead line which most runners used from earlier turbo cars like the Satrion. They would simply release the line to the boost gauge and bleed pressure therefore raising boost pressure also on the RX7 it had a two way valve to open and close baffles in the exhaust for low/mid and top end. I wasn't a mechanic so don't know all the tricks but some I saw were blatant.
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

Yes Steve I was aware of it all..... eventually but things started dropping into place when my front tyres kept scrubbing out on the inside(due to the massive camber) and the tyre fitter asked me if I had raced it. I replied No and he said well someone has there is no way you have this much camber on a street car.

Then there was the rock hard suspension that I was told by the steering joint who fixed my camber That the shockers had 100 mile an hour tape wrapped around the inner of the shock absorber to stiffen it up even further. (Although I did not see this myself)

Then there was the flange on the exhaust so that it could be removed prior to the muffler (for a straight through system out under the door)

And when I looked at the car in a certain light I could see under the white paint certain marks that resembled the ralliart paint scheme.

When I got it repainted the painter asked me about all the different colours being the red silver and black under the white and why it was painted in such a wierd way.

I bumped into the person who bought your JB one day and I was in my JA and he asked me if I bought it off you he then told me it was a race car and that he had my wheels and I had his.

After I cooked the motor by bursting a radiator hose at 220 kph and cooked the motor beyond repair we pulled the motor down and found KB stamped on the rods

and then there was this

Show Image: Image

Show Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/st ... rtlett.jpg
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

If anyone is interested this is the V6 in the above mentioned vehicle. I know it's a sacrelidge but I wanted that car back on the road!!!!!! And if it meant a V6 than so be it.

Show Image: Image

Show Link : http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Apr06/starion_engine.jpg
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

The guy you mention who had my JB was feeding you a story as my JB had simmons rims on it when I sold it. Yours never had JA rims on rather a metric rim from michellin. I actually run sigma turbo / peter wherrett rims on it until I put simmons on it and eventually sold it with the JB rims off the JB (CONFUSED? I AM.) Anyway the bloke who bought my JB must have bought it off ZUPPS used cars as that is who I traded it in with. I did see the car outside 'Transformers' night club in the city. The owner was a bouncer on the door, wouldn't know me by name. When I told him I was the prewvious owner he wanted me to tune it up for him as when he put it in for the first service they detuned it and he was not happy from then on with it. I don't think he knew it was a racecar, I didn't tell him.
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

My memory is coming back to me now. I think he said he bought it off a mate of yours or an aquaintance or something. It was about 15 years ago now so bit hard to recall but I distinctly remember that he knew my car as being previously owned by you and his JB did have JA wheels on it. The other thing is that his car also had identical rock hard suspension on it. I remember the spare on my car being some sort of weird metric size that must be the michelins you were talking about.

As an aside did you know that our car was in modern motor in 1983 as the test vehicle compared to all the others eg 280 zx and mazda Rx7 etc. I wrote modern motor a letter when I found out and they took the piss out of me. I was going through some more old pics reminising trying to find a photo I had taken of the speedo doing 240 kph with the V6 in it but no luck as yet. I'll keep looking. While on the ex race cars I think my 38 may have race history. Was talking to a previous owner the other day and he says that when he tracked down some history he discovered that it wan't first registered till 78 and as you know E 38's were built in 71. There are also other underlying factors coming into play so I am busy doing some homework on them as well.

On another thread the new owner of my car CaptainShiner says that he was putting some sort of V 8 in it and that it has been off the road for about 2 years. I don't think he has posted here for about 6 months or so. He lives in Yeppoon.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Yes, I have a heap of articles on the car and pics as well so will have to scan them and stick them up. Only 240 - lost some top end then, I remember closing in on 260 between Toowoomba and a little town called Miles! :D (running 245/50/15 on the rear)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

this probably should all be in a new thread... good reading but!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

Yes I agree, how do you move it?
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

220 was flat out when I had it with the original motor. Maybe 225 - 230 going down hill and believe me I used to cane it. I lost me licence for drag racing a commodore ute in the mid 90's

I agree this should be on a new thread from about a page back.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

The motor in the car when you had it was slightly detuned from when I got it. I had taken the head off and replaced it with my JB head (I did have a fairbit of porting done and it also had a special cam which I put on my JB. The JA was running high boost and I also had a high flow ralliart intercooler set up for it as well. The bottom end was never touched and never missed a beat. I also had a trick 1m long wastegate dump setup and 3" dump pipe which worked a treat. So finally when I sold it to you it had returned to basically how I received it from Ralliart minus the head and rims. All the trick stuff plus a big Ralliart turbo was put straight onto my JB and it flew
stace
Dorifto!

Post by stace »

I see.............. Well, I was always happy with the performance. It mostly held it's own even against much stiffer opposition. Although I was severly embarresed by an RX3 one night. But after I got the R/T E 37 the starion didn't have a chance. At least in a straight line anyway.
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

stace wrote:I see.............. Well, I was always happy with the performance. It mostly held it's own even against much stiffer opposition. Although I was severly embarresed by an RX3 one night. But after I got the R/T E 37 the starion didn't have a chance. At least in a straight line anyway.
Yes but throw a little curve or braking point in and bye bye Charger.
Even in the original trim it was a quick and fun car to drive once you opened up the exhaust neck off the turbo
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

groupAralliart wrote:Yes I agree, how do you move it?
probably PM one of the mods i'd say. they can do it :beer
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

moved!
_

Post by stace »

thanks for that!!!!!!