Had to get the camera out

Display your ride and post power figures, dyno runs, drag and circuit times.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Had to get the camera out

Post by www.18u »

I figured this is some sort of a record for Sydney rofl
Thanks again Mal for a good day and being able to compare the wideys side by side (so wierd they are different :shock: ) .Maybe i will have mine registered for the next visit.
tri26t
I love starions

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by tri26t »

lets make it three some day.

2.6 LITRES Theres no substitute for Cubic Inches :D :D :D :D
Cheers;Phil.
TORQUES-CHEAP.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

those are some sexy cars!

where in sydney are you guys at? and for the things you don't do yuorselves, are there specific "staz friendly" mechanics that you go to?

also, are the widebodies higher at the back? it looks like the rear has more ground clearance on your cars...
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

...just the slant in the driveway makes the arse-end stick out, although the rears are standard spring height!

A few differences in the sense my car has a clutch fan and a smaller TC05 turbo and no SHP struts...
whereas Shannon's car had twin thermo fans, a hybrid TD05 of some sort and SHP struts...
other pleasant surprises were the mesh wheels + good tyres and the nice dark blue colour.

And a not-so-rattly 2.6L engine :)

:beer :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
xtremeboost
[L] Plates

Post by xtremeboost »

sweet looking cars .........
1KHPSOHC
smog
[L] Plates

Post by smog »

looking good man. I need tog et another widebody running as I just sold my 88.
1986 Conquest TSI 1jz e11v2
1978 lancer 1600 "dodge colt"
1972 240z running rust project
80's Hero
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

uh oh,I have 2 usernames lol.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Post by MainstreaM »

Whats the paint code on that flatty? I have an 87 Starion that looks very similiar, R64 Seychelles red.

Kane
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Whats the paint code on that flatty? I have an 87 Starion that looks very similiar, R64 Seychelles red.
Which one? there are 2 flattys in the pics one is red and one is a maroon which was originally 2 tone.
xtremeboost
[L] Plates

Post by xtremeboost »

smog wrote:looking good man. I need tog et another widebody running as I just sold my 88.
Hows your 1JZ car ?? I no longer see you around starquestclub any more .
1KHPSOHC
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Post by MainstreaM »

www.18u wrote:
Which one? there are 2 flattys in the pics one is red and one is a maroon which was originally 2 tone.
Maroon, totally missed the red one. :oops:
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

xtremeboost wrote:
smog wrote:looking good man. I need tog et another widebody running as I just sold my 88.
Hows your 1JZ car ?? I no longer see you around starquestclub any more .
Thats because I've been banned for a year or so. Started up nwstarquest for the nw guys.

It's not going much anywhere right now. Got rid of the stock turbo setup and have been working on flanges for a twin td04h 14b setup. I should have the driveshaft done up shortly though. Just a bunch of small nickel and dime crap that all adds up. Also doesnt hel[p I have to drive an hour just to work on it.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:...just the slant in the driveway makes the arse-end stick out, although the rears are standard spring height!
no no, look at the angle of the rear windscreen, or the roof, or even between the front and the rear wheels.. the edge at the fron tof the rear wheel looks higher than the edge behind the front wheel...

or, compare the angle of the rear windscreen and roof between the widey and the flatty.. looks different to me..

yeah, also, the mechanic question..?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

compare the angle of the rear windscreen and roof between the widey and the flatty.. looks different to me..
The narrow body has height adjustable coilovers in it and they are set lower than the springs in the widey. As for a mechanic i have always done most things myself but you could try Meek automotive.Chris has a great knowledge of all things mitsubishi and used to own starions.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Oh no, I've seen 6 starions together in syd! was it 6? Cookies was in the garage when we got back to his place, and 5 came to pick me up! haha
_