SR20DET

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
davidbek95
I've been here before

Post by davidbek95 »

some mitsubishi motor are not a good design or the reconditioner of motor could be the problem,especially on a maroon starion that come from the south to mackay.What a disgrace.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

groupAralliart wrote:Is it a bargain? Can some one then tell me the 'bargain' price.
groupAralliart wrote:What I was aluding to is 'fictional' statements on a 'bargain' when they don't know the price.
I know the price he wants.. and if i wanted a supercar out of the box i'd pay it and get THAT one (with the banks money of course :shock: )

but the journey (pain) of building a car is part of the fun.. i think that if i bought it without doing some sort of major work on a car, I would never be able to fully appreciate his work, or the car itself. Frankly, i don't feel worthy of owning such a work of art.. yet..

I won't say on the forum what price he wants as he hasn't mentioned it on the forum himself. It's none of my business. I only put in a shameless plug for the car here because it IS up for sale.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

davidbek95 wrote:some mitsubishi motor are not a good design or the reconditioner of motor could be the problem,especially on a maroon starion that come from the south to mackay.What a disgrace.

?? Yes? :?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
compressor
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by compressor »

team orange d1 drift team have just bought out a evo 9or 10 it has a evo9or10 motor with a junsr20det rwd gearbox behind it thats the pinicle in my opionion :wink: :wink: :wink:

check it out :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
these guys have a unlimited budget jun being the top sponser you cant diss that they know whats best.

unless your a jelous dumbass rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
compressor

Post by compressor »

but it is the alloy block not the ironhorse starion vr4 block:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
4g63twincam anyday :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

so the evo 4 onwards blocks are alloy and the vr4 and starion are cast right?

and that evo on youtube is exactly the layout we want! (FR.. engine mounted north south)

to anyone in the know.. i don't suppose the sr20 gearbox lines up to the 4g63 block..? you reckon they'll make 'kits'? :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
slideboy200
[L] Plates

sr20det

Post by slideboy200 »

do you guys really think twincaming the starion motor will be easier? what will you hafta do for the sr? i just find people getting more power out of them cheaper
*changing the driveshaft
*engine and gearbox mounts
*computer and loom
*custom lines for psteer and brake lines clutches etc
*what else???
compressor

Post by compressor »

thrash wrote:
to anyone in the know.. i don't suppose the sr20 gearbox lines up to the 4g63 block..? you reckon they'll make 'kits'? :D

gearbox kits for 4g63 to sr20 bellhousing are readily available just contact jun in japan

the box used in the evo drift car is a hollenger 6 speed tough as nails ultimate 4g63 powered funcar in my opionion :beer
compressor

Post by compressor »

also if anybody on here thinks the sr20det motor is as strong as the 4g63 motors or as reliable as the 4g63 please come to my backyard i have 4-5 sr20det motors all with fatal bearing damage or crank float rofl pinicle motor my ass give me a 4g63 anyday and all motors were low km's around 130000km with stock turbo and boost

sr20det have alot of bearing problems and oil cloging inside oil squrters and the sump on them is well known for causing damage 1 small dent in it and by by motor no oil pressure bearing failure also lifters glitch water coolant problems not to forget all the electrical problems these motors have coilpacks crank angle sensors water temp sensors

i work with these cars every day s13/180sx and sell alot of parts to these sr20det powered cars dont get me wrong i think for the money there good cars but there is no such thing as a pinicle motor.

build it once properly cross your fingers all goes well its a peice of metal that comes alive with an explosion anything could happen any second its alive stuff breaks :beer
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

^^ Those are problems that are more to do old pos Jap import crap than the motor itself, SR20's are alright Ive had a shitload of them, run them up past 250km no problems. I have seen all the problems first hand also but would disagree about the electrical side Mitsi ain't to flash there either.
They just not much good for cranking up like the 4g63, and personally wouldn't bother either fitting one to a Starion or trying to make good power out of one. I understand why people would, it would be easy, maybe cheaper but make the effort and fit the twin cam head it will be way better and its still Mitsi.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
S0LJAH
I love starions

Re: sr20det

Post by S0LJAH »

slideboy200 wrote:do you guys really think twincaming the starion motor will be easier? what will you hafta do for the sr? i just find people getting more power out of them cheaper

are you serious?
the first motor that most people think of when your talking easy reliable power is the 4g63
what other motor can take 20psi on a stock block and do it all day everyday!

so the evo 4 onwards blocks are alloy and the vr4 and starion are cast right?

and that evo on youtube is exactly the layout we want! (FR.. engine mounted north south)

to anyone in the know.. i don't suppose the sr20 gearbox lines up to the 4g63 block..? you reckon they'll make 'kits'?
heres some piccys
i wouldnt bother my time unless your guna hollinger it which is $$$
get a billhousing off projectzerog and run a w series toyota box or r154 or even a t56 if you want 6 speed
thos jun kits will be for the later model evo block which i imagine would be a headache to fit into starions etc,(no mounts on block like vr4 blocks, intake and exhasut sides have been swapped)
and if you do all that and run a sr20det box apparently they aint even that great at holding up to the power
guys on projectzerog are swapping sr20s out of 240sx etc due to the unrealiability of both motors and boxs for 4g63s with the above mentioned gbox options :wink:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

somoene should try and do a vmount on a staz :D
quest wrote:
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

anyone have starion4me's website anymore? I seem to have lost it. Cheers
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Just search for a post of his on here its in his sig.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Did that but its gone now. Thats why I ask ;)

I think I found it but it doesn't exist anymore.

http://starion.webhop.net