ALLOY ROLLCAGE??

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

why not a 12 or 14pt?

I like the x beam style side impect protection. That seems to be the best setup now days. Most wrc cars use it. The ladder style side impact from what i gather is good, but I hear for side impacts, it isnt as good for small objects.

This would be a very nice setup.

'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Yeah it has become common over here, particularly in rally cars, however I don't know how these guys (in Australia) get around the fact that side intrusion bars render a road registered car illegal.

Maybe they know it's illegal and for the amount of times they use the vehicle (actually rallying it or driving during transport stage - still considered competitors) they don't worry about it.

Don't know where that leaves them on an insurance front, say they hit someone whilst on the highway between competitve stages, what's the go then?
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

The majority of rally cars have rally rego (dedicated rally car), which is completely different to normal registration. IE if you wanna drive it somewhere (event, workshop, practice) you need to ring up and get a permit number etc.. It's a bit of a PITA.

There are some rally cars out there with normal rego and an engineers cert though, but they probably got through a few years back..